MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to trade my 92 turbo with less than 170k miles for 91-95 hardtop mr2. Sitting on 16s, but generic place holder. Have stock 14s or 15s I can swap. Bilstein blacks with 93+ springs, new end links & ball joints. All fluids changed recently(engine, transmission, coolant, brake, clutch). Rear cross member 93+, mbc, fcd, brake mc brace, ebay front lip, side vent mod. Seats do have wear. Have brz seats with mounting brackets I could swap in if desired. Located in palm springs, ca area. Not looking for anything other than 91-95 mr2 hardtop or possibly cash. Message with any questions or offers.

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,450 Posts
Not many true hardtop turbos were sold in the USA, perhaps 400 in total from 91-93, with the vast majority of them being 91s. There were no 94 or 95 turbo hardtops sold in the USA as that variation was dropped early in the 93 model year.

NAs were available as hardtops for all model years 91-95. Surprisingly, you will often find hardtop MR2s are NA/Automatics. After 1991, NA autos were NOT available with T-tops, so they are all hardtop or sunroof cars. If you are looking for a swap candidate, this will be your best bet.

There's a white 95 hardtop that was swapped from NA 5spd to 3sgte for sale up on Folsom, CA:
Looks like a really well done job, and priced accordingly.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm not after a turbo hardtop specifically, just a 91-95 hardtop mr2
I just got my hard top 3sgte done. I bought a hard top rolling shell and bought a well beaten up SMG turbo and migrated everything over to the hard top. I’ve driven an NA Ttop from 1994 til my hard top swap completed in 2018. I love the stiffness and leak proof of the Hard top.
Good luck in your search.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,450 Posts
Signal Yellow 91na hardtop in Seattle:

Yes, it's an automatic. Likely was in some sort of accident as the front of the car (including driver's door) has obviously been repainted. This is a re-listing from over a month ago, so presumably the seller would take less that 5k by now.

BTW, finding a clean hardtop SW20 will be hard enough. Finding someone interested in trading for another MR2 would be really long odds. Most likely need to sell your SMG car separately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking to trade my 92 turbo with less than 170k miles for 91-95 hardtop mr2. Sitting on 16s, but generic place holder. Have stock 14s or 15s I can swap. Bilstein blacks with 93+ springs, new end links & ball joints. All fluids changed recently(engine, transmission, coolant, brake, clutch). Rear cross member 93+, mbc, fcd, brake mc brace, ebay front lip, side vent mod. Seats do have wear. Have brz seats with mounting brackets I could swap in if desired. Located in palm springs, ca area. Not looking for anything other than 91-95 mr2 hardtop or possibly cash. Message with any questions or offers.
Still available? Cost?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts