MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it started yesterday in the rain. I looked up and my tac was on zero and all of the electrical (clock, signals, AC, ect.) was not working so while i was cruising at 45 i turned the key off and back on and everything worked fine, then today everything went out and my radiator fans are on constantly. Car runs fine no blown fuses. I haven't had a chance to check the battery, can a bad battery be causing this?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Mister2slow said:
Well it started yesterday in the rain. I looked up and my tac was on zero and all of the electrical (clock, signals, AC, ect.) was not working so while i was cruising at 45 i turned the key off and back on and everything worked fine, then today everything went out and my radiator fans are on constantly. Car runs fine no blown fuses. I haven't had a chance to check the battery, can a bad battery be causing this?
Car runs off the alternator while your moving so I'de say prolly not the battery.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking it was a ground in the wrong place from when i replaced the HG, I checked all the grounds that i could find. I also was told it could be my ignition switch going bad. Also when i was driving home today all the lights, clock, and tach was working and than i turned on my turn signal and it stopped and the rad fans stay on.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
120 people and nobody has an idea. I was told by another mechanic that the ignition switch may be causing it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
an ignition switch could very well be the culprit(?)

nissan maxima's are common for this symptom

·
Registered
417 Posts
Before you do all that I would highly recomend you take a look at your battery... One thing I learned about MR2's is that do do crazy things with a weak battery... Check it out and the terminals while your at it too... I cant hurt to check... Thats most likely the problem, in my eyes at least :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts