MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of Fog light Brackets for an MR2 MK II. The OEM part numbers are 52126-17010 and 52125-17010 but they are no longer available from Toyota.

·
Registered
490 Posts
This is what i got never installed. I don’t have the plastic holders as shown in your picture.
if you are interested, PM me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: I was able to purchase a set from a kind person on this site but they do not have the white plastic inserts, which I can modify. Toyota doesn't list these inserts (they are often called grommets) in separate part numbers as they come with the brackets as an assembly. However, if you actually have a set with the plastic inserts (white parts in the photos), that you no longer need, please let me know as I an interested in WTB! Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JDM Factory - I really appreciate you locating this part number. However, 90467-14038 is not the white insert shown in my discussion starter in this post for the fog light bracket. 90467-14038 is the screw clip for the two installation screws and not for the bracket. The guide you attached is correct, but 90467-14038 are the clips that the top mounting screws go into and not the white insert in the the bracket that the bottom fog light pin slides into. See additional attached photos and diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
792 Posts
hmm, I'll double check again, because I ordered a few of them awhile back and got the white clips you were referring to. I hope I still have the bag somewhere in the garage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Let me know what you find! If those white inserts (for the bottom metal/plastic guide rod/centering post of the fog light) have an actual part number, I would appreciate it. They not listed separately in the Toyota parts catalog listing for the MR2 but I wouldn't be surprised if they were used in other Toyota applications. Appreciate if you can locate your stash of these and let me know.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I couldn't find the little bag with the part number on it but I did find my invoice from Toyota with the part number I posted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe I found a solution for the white plastic inserts that would center around the back of the fog light’s metal/plastic guide rod/centering post allowing the bottom of the fog light to connect to the fog light brackets. I found that Toyota Part number 90189-06162 (or aftermarket copy-see ebay) is an adjusting nut used as a 1991 to 1996 Camry and a Lexus headlight adjusting nut but it also appears to be the same insert needed for this MR2 application. It’s not listed in the Toyota parts catalogue for the MR2 fog light (it either comes with the OEM brackets or on the OEM for fog lights) but I think it’s the same insert. See new photo attachments.

I have only been able to purchase aftermarket fogs and was able to purchase the brackets from mtang65. My many thanks mtang65!

I think I now have what it take to complete the install, plus I have the interior fog switch and relay you’ll find described on other postings.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts