MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I've been scouring the internet for 2 years trying to find an SW20 MR2. I'm starting to get desperate, having found nothing in my price range. I'm not looking to spend much more than 7,500, but I'll buy any SW20 that runs and drives. Minor issues I'm not worried about, but I'm getting to the point where I'm about to sell a kidney to get this car. If anyone knows of MR'2s being sold or considered for sale on the west coast, please let me know. My email is [email protected].
Thanks
Ethan

·
Registered
108 Posts
You might be able to buy the naturally aspirated version of the MK2 MR2 SW21 at that price but certainly not the SW20 turbo version. Prices of these cars have been increasing so unless you’re ready to do more than minor work (these cars are pushing 30 years old now) it’s becoming more and more difficult to find even an NA in decent shape at the price in the current market. Best of luck to you!

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,450 Posts
craigslist Facebook marketplace AutoTrader Cars.com This board.

You should be able to find a decent MK2na for $7500. As mentioned, you'll only be able to find a MK2 turbo in fair to rough condition for that price.

·
Super Moderator
Driving MR2s since '89
4,450 Posts
Here's a MK2 on ebay.

It's been repainted. Can't tell how good it was. Passes the 10 ft test. It's clearly been used for track days judging from the track map decals, mods and removed AC components. The Enkei wheels, tires and coil overs probably cost $3k alone. With that header and muffler the car is probably really, obnoxiously loud, so consider that...

·
Registered
11 Posts

this guy is selling a decent-ish one on Texas Mr2 board. I don’t know him but his shop does a lot of MR2 work. Will have to spend some $$ to get it into good shape but seems like reasonable starting point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts