MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Memphis but would be willing to try to get to the Nashville area to buy an MR2 (or anywhere in between). MKI or MKII. If you hear of anything or have any ideas as to where to look for regional cars for sale that would be great! MR2 Classifieds is down at the moment and I've exhausted all other leads that I can think of. Not interested in Ebay and I try Auto Trader almost daily.

Thanks, Sara

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Sara, you didn't say whether you wanted a turbo or NA, but here's a listing from this morning's Tennessean newspaper:

Toyota MR2 '93 77k mi, 5 speed, T-tops, AC, black w/ cloth interior, 2.2 engine. Excellent condition. $5,800. Please call 615-371-0416.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Hardrvin said:
That's pretty high $$$ for an NA car...
Yes, if it's being sold by an individual it's high. I just checked Kelly Blue Book, and that's pretty close to standard dealer price for an NA with only 77,000 miles in excellent condition. That's pretty low mileage for a 1993 car. My '93 had that many when I bought it 3 years ago.

Of course if Sara wants a turbo, it's a non-issue.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! This is great info! I wasn't really looking for a Turbo because I've heard they are harder to do repairs to and they wear out faster??? But 5G is actually a little more $$ than I can spend right now although the milage would be great! I looked at a '91 here in Memphis that had 123,000 mi and it hadn't been for that it might have been a good car! Thanks again, I'll check out that website.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also try cars.com i found mine at a dealership as a trade in through cars.com and i could have had the car for 500 if i had seen it a day earlier but some bung hole in newyork called and told them what it was worth so i would up paying 3k for my 93turbo in might near imacculate condition.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Here's another ad. It's from the free Trader Showcase. They list a web site at http://www.tradertennessee.com

1993-TOYOTA-MR2, 5spd, 1.2L, RWD, ABS, AM/FM/cass, CD w/security feature, 8 spkrs, alarm, T-tops, better than fair cond, new clutch, R&P steering, struts on 2/2/05, runs great, easy on gas, call for more info-$2900- Alan @ 330-1081 (615)
I tried to type it here just like it reads in the ad. Yes, it said 1.2L.

I hope this helps somebody.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! My internet is down right now, so I didn't see this. I will try to call and see if he still has it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts