MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995, Toyota, MR2, Turbo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to the community. Once I posted my WTB, I was DM’d regarding the part I needed. He will ask for PayPal, but will also offer to take Apple Pay. Details below. As soon as I sent payment he then immediately ghosted me. Guess he needed the 80 bucks more than I did.

Beware Scammer:
MR2OC: Phil627
PayPal: Peter886t
Ph: +1 (234) 421-2773
Ph: +1 (267) 229-7566

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you do PayPal, use Good and service option.
Also, Insist that the Deal is done here on the forum. And check the screen name on this forum, how long ago it registered and if the seller ever posted anything at all.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I got ripped for a hundred over on the other board. I didnt look at posting history etc and made a mistake.
It sucks. But now I try to waste as much of their time as I can, just emailing the piss out of them. Ive got time.

·
Registered
1995, Toyota, MR2, Turbo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it’s a shame we have to deal with this. But as you mention, I’m digging deeper, looking at history and posts. And, looking for MR2 knowledge during the transaction. Lots of good ppl here taking care of their 2’s.

As frustrating as this scam was; Fortunately, on the heels of this scam, I totally jacked up my distributor during its rebuild. Must have put the pin in wrong because the shaft just snapped. Anyway, MR2OC member in NYC saved my butt and I had another one a few days later. Lesson learned, and my 2 is almost back in order after my laundry list of work.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Yep just got a DM reply right away from:
Jasoneric976
"I deal with sufffs like this and am sure I have this for sale.
Text me on the email address below [email protected]".

Previously I got one from ericrob546

I see a pattern. 2 guy names and a 3 digit number. Gotta be a bot setup. Please address this moderators and block.

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
7,051 Posts
Yep just got a DM reply right away from:
Jasoneric976
"I deal with sufffs like this and am sure I have this for sale.
Text me on the email address below [email protected]".

Previously I got one from ericrob546

I see a pattern. 2 guy names and a 3 digit number. Gotta be a bot setup. Please address this moderators and block.
I'm trying to find these accounts but I can't find them in the search. If you could report those accounts I'll get them removed immediately.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
I can't. It appears they create a DM send the message and then they've left the conversation so I can't look at the user info.
They all have 1 post though.
I'll report it right away next time it happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts