MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This photo just came across the AP (Associated Press)

Pardon my ignorance, but is that a MR2 Spyder under there? :(

Caption:
People looks at the effects of the weather, with ice-covered cars, ice covered lines of lights and ice covered trees aon the bank of Lake Geneva near Versoix, Switzerland, Friday, Jan. 28, 2005. Strong winds forced the water to splash over the shoreline, creating bizarre ice-sculptures.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr2crazed, that's what I thought as well ... but it appears the intake may just be filled/covered with ice.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
hmm, it looks too low to be a boxster to me, but it DOES look like a convertible.

Either way, it looks like it won't be driven for a while

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I think it is an MG (they no longer come tothe US ASAIK)

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
That ice must weight a ton. Looks like the effects of the Montreal ice storm a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
My guess is an older model Dodge Stealth:

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
That sucks. That guys gonna be there forever trying to thaw his car out.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too small to be a Stealth and the line under the intake is straight ... the sStealth's curves up. I think it is also too small to be a Stealth. It definitely looks like a 2-seater to me.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Hamster O Death said:
My guess is an older model Dodge Stealth:

img
naw, look at the position of the door handle and the body line leading into the scoop on the side. It looks like the MG as Jeff posted. BTW Jeff, I looked at your sig and saw the 'Spiralmoons' linkie and I clicked on it out of curiosity. I was like WTF until I saw 'automobile' section of her website. You can buy art, jewlry, and custom made roll bar padding from the same site, that's awsome. Are we to expect a 'powered by spiralmoons' sponsorship decals in the future. :smile:

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
... it just may happen ;) ... We are not promoting the site hard until we get moved and she builds up an inventory of stuff for sale. :) Thanks for looking though!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts