MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well mister3josh had some 3sge's for sale listed as 2nd gens. Well i make the deal and drive 7 1/2 hours to pick it up @ his shop in chico, ca.

Well i pick it up, get back to my house and i start takin off all the stuff i dont need like the PS pump, ac and relocating the alternator to the mr2 spot.

Well i wanted to clean the intake manifold and other stuff on the car and i go on the UK mr2 boards and read a guide on how to... Well i read it go out to my car... and its totally different... SO i freak out and im like wtf!!! i look at the manifold and there 9 bolts!!!!! and then it hits me!!! I HAVE A 3RD GEN 3SGE!!!!! it makes sense, the catch can on the intake manifold, the valve cover pcv into the intake manifold instead of the intake...

So im happy... all this 3rd gen bashin and now i have one... lol oh well after reading, it should be as fast or faster then the 2nd gen cause im usin the 5sfe s54.

so yea... now i have to sale my 2nd gen ecu and wiring harness... Anyone want them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
2nd gen ecu and wiring harness

hi boostedPenguin, i'm doing a 2nd gen swap on my car and the only thing i need now is the ecu and wiring harness. i was wondering how much are you selling it for. please reply as soon as you can.

thanks

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
oh...sorry i thought you were reffering to the gen II having more top end power, my bad

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it sure does.

Also i learned today you can use the gen2 wiring and ecu on the gen3, only thing needed to be changed is the gen2 fuel pump regulator and injectors. Also the fuel raill supply and return need to be swapped around. So lengthin and shortin them.

also youll need the 5sfe/gen2 3sge distrubtor cap.

Im still finding out what igniter needs to be used.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
less of a hassle, if i had a 3sge i guarantee my car wouldnt be for sale right now, plus im just sick of spending money...ive put 15k in and will prolly sell it for half that

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
boosted hit me up on the spare harness and such...pm or email me...congrats again on the purchase i guess we will be able to argue from experience now instead of in theory...lol

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha god i knew i was gonna get sheit from you gen3er's LOL! so yea... im glad to be here! let the 2nd gen bashing begin!!!! JKJK!!!! all 3sge are good no bashing :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts