MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what type of wire should I use when trying to hook up a wire to carry the headlight motor current?

one more thing, I always keep forgetting, when discounting the battery, do I take the postitive out first or the neg? =) sorry for the noob question, I got short term memory.

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
For the headlight motors, 16ga. or larger should be fine - they don't take much current.

Remove the negative terminal first. Just a safety precaution. If you accidentally ground the tool you are using to remove the positive terminal to the chassis, it won't short out if the negative terminal is already disconnected.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks! appreciate the help!
i'm trying to run a wire from the front boot (fuse box) to the interior, how do I accomplish this without having the wire stick outside of the car? Is there a place I can pass teh wire thru the car?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I believe there is a gromet somewhere in the driver side footwell (upper left corner.. way up there), but someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if people are putting fog lights on their cars, there must be a way I can run cable/wire line into the interior wisely without damaging or causing damage to the wire in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts