MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since weather was a balmy 70 degrees yesterday I took the race car out of the garage and started in on some small projects.

New seat belts are in - I'm a bit miffed at the store I ordered them from sent me 2005 belts in January 2006. Grr but they weren't expensive so they'll do.

However, I'm having a heck of a time getting them to fit. I went ahead with a 6 point belt - and running into all sorts of problems. Biggest being - since I'm pretty small and nice tight abs - when I'm sitting in the seat the belts no longer sit on my waist - there's a good 1 inch clearance between my waist and the belt which hovers above. I can also hunch down and bend my back under the belts while they're tight!!! I HATE these belts. I think I will have to have a pad behind me just so they fit. Dunno what it is about the new belts but my perfectly good 2003 belts worked fine. It may be the 6 point vs. 5 point and how the center is pulled down better with the 5 point. Thinking about buying a 5 point instead....

Did manage to pull about 7 lbs out of the car - finally got the heater core out and insulating padding from under the dash.

I had wanted to slide my seat back 1" but because of the problems with the new belts I couldn't (they're even worse when the seat is back further). I do not feel comfortable being on track with the belts the way they are (but it'll pass inspection) How bad would it be for me to pass tech then swap out my old belts that actually fit? ;)

-David

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
That is a bummer :-/ I would say unload those belts and get another 5 point...no need to be unsafe/miserable over something as (relatively) inexpensive as belts <shrug>

Or....just start drinking a bunch/more beer...hide those unsightly tight abs ;-)

Coty

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
while the idea of lots of donuts sounds great ;)

I went ahead and ordered some 5 point belts. We'll have to see how that goes LOL. Ordered from my usual place too - tried supporting a local merchant but this is too important to just live with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.