·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me understand if these will fit my car with TEIN HA:s:

18x7.5"
offset 42
this goes for all 4.

havent decided about the rubber size yet.

thanks

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Freddy said:
Please help me understand if these will fit my car with TEIN HA:s:

18x7.5"
offset 42
this goes for all 4.

havent decided about the rubber size yet.

thanks
They'll fit, but it might be close do to the suspension. It all depends on tyre size. If they do touch you can cure it with a 5mm spacer....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 5mm spacers laying around. How bad for the car is it to use spacers?

And i thought about 215/35 in front
235/35 in the rear

Any tips on other tire sizes that fill fit perfect?

thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean spacers?

If tucked means what i think i means, i dont want that.

Is tucked in when the wheel are far away fromt the fender edge?

·
Registered
603 Posts
hey man, don't expect to fit those wheels on the front with coilovers without a 10mil spacer at that offset. the rim itself will hit the coils and/or perch. also, i highly suggest against going 7.5 all around. that will make your car feel very unbalanced, as our cars are back heavy as well as rear wheel drive, so you basically want as much rubber back there as possible unless you really know what you're doing driving wise (and really want a twitchy setup).

basically, 18x7.5 +42 rims in the front will not clear at all, you'll need a 10-15mm spacer in front.

18x7.5 +42 rear will be sunken about an inch and a half... (no good.) if you put in a ~25mm spacer, it might be just right, but you'd need much longer studs for that.

ok, im going to keep this short, don't get those wheels unless you want to go through a lot of trouble with fitment... =[

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you. I have understood that now. :thumbup

What width, offset and tire size will be the ultimate?

Im looking for 18" on all fours. and i want the wheels to stick out to the fender edges and maby a bit more in the rear but not necessery.

·
Registered
603 Posts
hmm, 18s all around will not fit too well. you will run into rubbing issues.

first off, you must roll your fenders all around if you want to run a "flush" fitment. (one that has the rims ending right where the fenders are)

now, on a coilover setup, i would guess that an 18x7 +30 should work in the front with a 215/40 tire, while you could go with an 18x9 +35 in the rear and get away with a 255/35 tire. the rear will be flush, and so should the front, but double check on that front fitment. i don't usually suggest going 18 in the front... what i would do is go 17s all around or 17 front 18 rear.

17x7 +30 front and 18x9 +35 rear
215/40 17 front and 255/35 18 rear

that is what i would do on a stock fender mr2. it won't rub in the front under cornering load like the 18s will, and you'll be able to tuck the rear a little if you roll your fenders properly. it looks very nice like this. i really don't suggest going with 18s in the front unless you:

A: do not have coilovers and don't plan on getting coilovers

or

B: have widebody front fenders

or

C: do a large amount of fender modification not only to the outside, but also all along the inside of the wheel well.

C is what i have done on my car, but even then i'm not going to run 18s on the front.

anyhow, it's all really up to you, and also depends a lot on how much you lower your car. i'm going to dump my car to the floor, so i didnt want 18s in the front, since i also go to the track.

-john

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you again for making me smarter on this subject.

The reason im changing rims is because the ones i have now (WORK Ryver) is 17x8 with 235/45, offset +35 in front. and 17x9 with 255/40, offset +35 (or 33 didnt see that good in the dark) fit almost perfectly in the rear but the tire touched the coilover in the front. i did put 5 or 6mm spacers in front and now it clears like 1-3mm. And when i turn the tire touches the inside of the wheel housing. (dont know if you call it that)

If i change the tiresize in the front to 215/40 or something will that help me clear the coilover and wheel housing?

If that is the case i think i just might respray them and put new tires on them.

thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
hmm... this is a sticky situation i think, 17x8 is too wide for the front unless you go with a lower offset, in which case you'd have to do custom fender work.

basically, you can clear with a 215 (except under really hard bumps while hard cornering, or sometimes at full lock etc), but you run into the problem of 215s being stretched on an 8" rim. this will make your front traction really horrible actually... if it's just your daily driver and you really don't care about traction cuz it's just a nice looking commuter, one thing you can do to salvage everything is just stretch the rear also with like 225 or 235, and dump the car like crazy haha. (go for the drifter look)

but ya, i wouldnt run anything lower than a 225 on an 8", see if that will clear first, if it doesnt, well like i said it's up to you, you know your situation much better than i do.

hope this helps a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts