MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i would like to get Borbet "T" rims in a 7.5" x 16" with a 35mm offset in the front and 9.5" x 17" with a 17mm offset in the rear

i know there going to stick out the sides of the car, but i have flares on the way
would all the clearances be OK?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Do you have stock suspension?
I have 17's all the way around on stock susp. and when I take a corner mildly hard, or have a passenger. I get a fair share of rubbing on the fenders. I am hoping that the illuminas and eibach pro kit fix that for me.. :smile:

·
5,349 Posts
mk1_mr.2 said:
would like to get Borbet "T" rims in a 7.5" x 16" with a 35mm offset in the front and...but i have flares on the way
would all the clearances be OK?
Fronts are good but with 205/40-16s, 205/45 may rub slightly on 16x7.5 ET35. 9.5" with ET17 in rear will stick out quite a bit on stock, flares should do the trick, though it depends what size.

No0bSteR said:
Do you have stock suspension?
I have 17's all the way around on stock susp. and when I take a corner mildly hard, or have a passenger. I get a fair share of rubbing on the fenders. I am hoping that the illuminas and eibach pro kit fix that for me.. :smile:
Stiffer suspension may help lessen the tire to fender contact frequency but lowering it may make the rub worse because you'll have less space between the tire and fender. You'll have to try it and see. In the end, it's all about proper wheel offset vs. width.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was thinking of going 205's in the front, and maybe 245, 255 in the rear, if i do get any rubbing, i could always roll my fenders, no biggy

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
rears will stick out more than a little bit, flares will work but you will need to cut away your fenders as well to avoid slicing the tire up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts