MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my friend is selling me these rims, Konig's Rated R (white rims 17x7 all around - 205/40R17 tires) , and i wanted to know if they will fit my car without a problem... im currently still on the 91 suspension.. and soon to be on koni's with 94 springs :). will these look funny on my car.... i tried doing some research on these rims an i think they come with 40 offset?

·
Registered
586 Posts
they will fit your car without a problem, if they are 5x114.5. I'm assuming they are though ....

as far as "looking funny" - if you think a tucked in rear wheel and a stock height suspension with a 40 series tire looks funny, then yes it will :smile:

·
Registered
586 Posts
gsus said:
should i get these for $300 (all 4 w/ tires)?
if i do how do i go about making the rear tires not look tucked in?
thanx

300 is a decent price, but I cannot really say whether or not YOU should get them. its all on you buddy :smile: ...for me and alot of others on the board there is a preference to staggered wheels and tires, and if it was my money i would not buy them. If you wanted to push them out you can use wheel spacers (H&R makes some) but i've heard mixed reviews about their use. I would save my money and spend it on a cheaper and lighter ( i think those wheels weigh 19-21 lbs a pop for 17's) wheel set, such as Kosei K1's in 15x7 front and 16x8.5 rear, or the 5-zigen Fn01c.

on another note, my friend had the exact same rims on his 91T , with a 205/40/17 on all 4 corners, dropped on a prokit. he still scared the living hell out of me ( i had just got an mr2 back then)...of course they will work, but we all have our preferences i guess...

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
TRDmomo said:
300 is a decent price, but I cannot really say whether or not YOU should get them. its all on you buddy :smile: ...for me and alot of others on the board there is a preference to staggered wheels and tires, and if it was my money i would not buy them. If you wanted to push them out you can use wheel spacers (H&R makes some) but i've heard mixed reviews about their use. I would save my money and spend it on a cheaper and lighter ( i think those wheels weigh 19-21 lbs a pop for 17's) wheel set, such as Kosei K1's in 15x7 front and 16x8.5 rear, or the 5-zigen Fn01c.

on another note, my friend had the exact same rims on his 91T , with a 205/40/17 on all 4 corners, dropped on a prokit. he still scared the living hell out of me ( i had just got an mr2 back then)...of course they will work, but we all have our preferences i guess...
^
I'm with him.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
I would not run 205s all around ... 205s on 17X7 is a typical "rim/wheel package" set up and I have seen at least one local MR2 destroyed from that kind of a set up :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts