MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a MR2 91 NA that has 2 busted up rims. I need to get new rims and tires and dont want anything too carzy. since I gotta replace them though thought Id try to get something a bit nicer than the stock. noob here.

found these on e bay and I dont know much about offset so not sure if they will work. I have stock suspension that also is worn out. I plan to redo the suspention soon but not sure if im going aftermarket, or stock. (any advice on the suspension would be cool too.) :thumbup

here are the rims.
bolt pattern 5x100 & 5x114
size 17"x7
offset + 40mm
going all around.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-B...035538767QQcategoryZ43957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks again

·
Premium Member
13,277 Posts
Yes, they will fit fine.

Stock wheels are staggered (wider in rear), but its not absolutly necessary to stagger aftermarket wheels. You should stagger tires however. 205/40/17 in front and 225/40/17 in the rear would be a good combo.

The rears will also be more tucked into the fenders than the fronts, which looks a little funny, but there are a lot of people who are happy with it.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
^holy sh_t! $480 shipped for a set of 17x8 17x9 both 35mm offset Enkei RSE's! There's just no way i'm gonna buy new rims anymore.

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
608 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
www.rbmotoring.com

get some real rims that arent crap. like volks or works, or enkies or something. they're used, but MUCH higher quality and they actually fit properly. price is comparable.
excellent place to buy nice wheels. check out the ones i bought from ther for only 430 shipped.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
i got my volk GTP"s from there.. 480 shipped :) EXCELLENT phone service; something thats rare in the used parts industry!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
its an idea

ill take a look at the website. Im looking for bronze rims(which are more rare) and the price for those on e bay are awsome. Why are these crap? just cause they are not name brand? is it a weight issue?

well still my question remains....would these work if I decide to go with them?

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
i might be blind...but I cant find any rims on this site. where do I need to look?

and someone tell me why these rims are sooo crappy?

not looking to race the car, just need a new set and these look alot nicer than the stock.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
and someone tell me why these rims are sooo crappy?
quality 17 inch rims cost $1000+. if someones selling new 17's for 200 bucks, you really have to wonder how they're THAT much cheaper.

they're more than likely very heavy and cheaply cast from cheap alloy. if you dont mind having piece of crap wheels on your car, go ahead and get them and run a spacer in the rear.

its just that for marginally more, you can have very high quality rims! http://rbmotoring.com/gallery/album205 theres the link.. just choose the size you want and look through the wheels.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Funny, on the auction page those rims are listed as OZ Superlegga, but in all the pictures, the logo is covered by a watermark. And it's not like the watermark is just placed in the middle of the page, it's purposely covering the centre cap logo :D

You can find good quality 17" rims that aren't a retarded price, but those eBay ones are not them. If you want 'cheap' 17" wheels that come in bronze, look at something like the 5Zigen FN01R-C. I picked up a brand new set of 17x8 for a 240sx in Washington and they were $700 cash. The guy threw in a set of lugs, wheel locks, some other 'JDM' ricer crap too. Nice finish, durable and I weighed them at 17lbs for a 17x8

They may not be 10lb TE37s, but they're a hell of a lot nicer than those eBay ones :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
If they are that cheap, they are probably heavy, weak, or poorly painted... or all three. It's tough to find decent wheels for that cheap. I'd suggest saving up some money and keeping your eyes open. Better to pay more and be totally satisfied than to save some money and always regret it every time you see them on your car.

-G-

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
ill definatly look into that. maybe a bit more research is in order. IM actually looking for 16" rims, but it seems the market is swamped by 17" rims.

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
Nitsud said:
Funny, on the auction page those rims are listed as OZ Superlegga, but in all the pictures, the logo is covered by a watermark. And it's not like the watermark is just placed in the middle of the page, it's purposely covering the centre cap logo :D
they described that as superleggera STYLE rims, meaning knockoffs, not as the actual OZ's. they actually list them as RS limited elite. and from what i remember, RSL's weren't THAT bad as faras knock offs go, but compared to other replica company's, they'd fall short of rota's.

i think the only relatively cheap, yet decent wheels are the sportmax's that are sold from some ebay store. i have a mag of a widebody MKIII sporting them as well as a number of 240's back in my home town in tampa, as well as another project car from a local speed shop that are going to use them as well. someone was selling as set on here before, just do a search for a pic, it was on a red deuce. (give me til mid summer and i'll have some pics up with my set as well, heh)

·
Registered
247 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
www.rbmotoring.com

get some real rims that arent crap. like volks or works, or enkies or something. they're used, but MUCH higher quality and they actually fit properly. price is comparable.
Ok, something is wrong here. I don't have another computer to check this with but when I try the link above I get this:

The New Website Of

Congregation Shaarey Zedek

Coming Soon

Whats the story? Anyone else getting this.

·
Registered
247 Posts
bluestreak said:
Ok, something is wrong here. I don't have another computer to check this with but when I try the link above I get this:

The New Website Of

Congregation Shaarey Zedek

Coming Soon

Whats the story? Anyone else getting this.
It seems to be working now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts