MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wilhelm Raceworks, LLC - Suspension Geometry Kit

I've owned my 91 MR2 for over 20 years at this point and autocrossed at least half of the time, anywhere for stock to modified.

I've done two autocross events with this kit installed, and I have to say it is amazing.

The front end has noticeably more grip. I really noticed this in the slaloms.
There were a few slippery spots at the first event and it seemed I could catch the rear end more easily when it started to come around. Remember, I've been driving this car for 20 years, and this kit has made the car way more confidence inspiring.

Then it rained for the second half of the day at the first event. Usually, my car is a handful in the wet, to the point it can be frustrating. Now it feels much more controllable and fun.

Driving to and from the event was much better as well. The car just soaked up bumps that would have previously left it wandering all over from bump steer. Highway driving is so much more comfortable now.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the improvement the suspension geometry kit provided. It just makes the car easier to drive fast.

·
Premium Member
13,335 Posts
Thank you very much for the review!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah this prob the best mod for the sw20 - I don't know why everyone doesnt install it. I installed this like almost 3 years ago and have never had snap oversteer or lost control of my car at the track or canyons. It just grips and stays neutral at the limit. Compared to before the kit, I could understand why people think the mr2 is hard to control at the limit esp when people lower them and make the geometry worse without correcting it but after installing it and running it for the past three years, I just shake my head at people who believe that, esp when they're mr2 owners.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
For me, the massive reduction in bump steer is what I love the most. And the car just feels more "planted" to the road. I can't wait to drive it again, once my 2GR swap is complete.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been planning on getting this kit some time in the future, and this post makes it sound that much more worth the price. Thanks for the useful review!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bumping this thread because I'm looking to upgrade the suspension in my 91T which feels incredibly floaty in the backend during his speed braking. I purchased the car with KYB shocks and TRD springs already installed, the car has a visible forward rake, which I'm sure isn't helping the floating. I've been looking into coilovers to level things out and wheel fitment reasons (BC Racing BR series) and a full Prothane F&R bushings setup. I don't autocross the car or anything, it's simply used to drive back and forth to work on sunny days and weekend warrior street racing so would something like this $1 +/- setup be overkill?

1st pic is weekend racer, 2nd is current daily driver, I can't reload pics 3&4 for some stupid reason so here's a link to another post showing my uneven gaps and stancebro setup I got for $240 that I'm gonna try out - https://www.mr2oc.com/6802988-post17.html

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts