MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I would like to apologize if this was covered, but my searches were not showing me what I need to know. This may be due to the fact I have a series 1 AEM.
Anyways I have a wideband/narrowband gauge and want to know were the WIDEBAND wire goes on the AEM. I currently have the NARROWBAND wire hooked up to 6B (LAMBDA 1) on the AEM. This is the PnP for the stock 02 sensor. I know the wideband wire needs 0-5v signal, but is this any 0-5v input? Can I tap into the 5V ref from my Mass air pinout, Or should I hook up the wideband wire to the 14B LAMBDA 2 (diagnostics input)? Or do I have this completely wrong?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Are you asking about p/n 30-1120? Which is 91-92 Turbo?

I removed the factory O2 sensor and utilized 6B for FJO wideband.
1. I used the Wizard to get the correct volt vs lambda amount cal table loaded. 2. I altered gain value by verifying the physical measurement of volts to what the AEM displayed. I adjusted gain until these two figures matched.

My question is, why do you want to run the factory narrowband and aftermarket wide band? If you insist on using both O2 sensors, I would use Lambda #2 pin 14B.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you asking about p/n 30-1120? Which is 91-92 Turbo?

I removed the factory O2 sensor and utilized 6B for FJO wideband.
1. I used the Wizard to get the correct volt vs lambda amount cal table loaded. 2. I altered gain value by verifying the physical measurement of volts to what the AEM displayed. I adjusted gain until these two figures matched.

My question is, why do you want to run the factory narrowband and aftermarket wide band? If you insist on using both O2 sensors, I would use Lambda #2 pin 14B.
I am not running the stock 02 sensor, my wide band is a dual one with the narrow band integrated into it. However, after talking to a few people, I am not going to use the narrow band feature and just run it in wide band mode.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trying to wire this motor has been a headache. I have changed so much stuff that it's not plug and play anymore. Lol. I end up over thinking things and confusing myself.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I am not running the stock 02 sensor, my wide band is a dual one with the narrow band integrated into it. However, after talking to a few people, I am not going to use the narrow band feature and just run it in wide band mode.
I agree with your decision to ditch narrow and just use wide.

Trying to wire this motor has been a headache. I have changed so much stuff that it's not plug and play anymore. Lol. I end up over thinking things and confusing myself.
It is all part of the process!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have all been there. May start as a simple mod and then it becomes more complicated as we move on.

jim
Yeah tell me about it. I started building this car liken10 years ago, then stopped ( kids, house, job) the started picking it back up recently and had to upgrade my old upgrades. Lol. Now I have changed so much, then decided to make my own engine wiring harness. <--- that was dumb. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts