MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my trans last weekend and found my shift pattern has moved foward to the point where my little finger gets pinched in third and fifth. It also jumps out of fourth which I hope is related and not a problem with the trans. I can't find any adjustment but I know one of you guys will know the solution, thanks. Bob('85 since new)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The replacement trans came with an '85 parts car I bought. It looks the same as my stock unit and hooked up easily. Bob

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
bob b said:
It looks the same as my stock unit and hooked up easily. Bob
Ah... see... that's the problem. Nothing should go easily. There should always be a fight or some unexpected error. Oh wait, that's what's happening now. :smile:

I'd have hoped for it to work as well though. There must be a slight shift in geometry somewhere outside the two points that the cables clip into their held places. Not sure if this is entirely possible, but what about a stretched cable?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My "shift H" moved forwards too when I took my completely obliterated engine mounts and installed Kirk's inserts, but that might have absolutely nothing to do with your problem. Three of the engine mounts are hooked up to the tranny though, right?

What do you mean by your finger getting pinched? You mean pinched where the shift boot is (between the shifter and the center armrest plastic thing)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts