MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody knoe the owner of this mr2? im lovin the rims on this, the offset is just perfect!!
can someone find out the offsets and sizes... thanks

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I have to agree with you. This picture has been on my computer for a long time now and it is still by far my favorite mr2.

Personally I would go with a little bit different offset upfront. The flush fronts look a little odd at certain angles.

The rear is DEAD on. I hope mine looks like that besides being a 17" rim.. This car kind of makes me want a 18" in the rear though.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i totally agree, this is a very clean deuce, i wish he would see this and share his offsets... yea, i agree also, i wouldnt flush it out all the way like that, maybe a little more inside the fender... whut size and offsets are you going with kupop? i want a nice lip in the rear

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I'm thinking of going with a 16" upfront, 7.5 +39 or 7 +32... and 17x9 +37 in the rear.

I'm not 100% positive yet though. Need to fix my body damage first then I will go wheel shopping. I might end up with 17's front and back or 17 in the front and 18 in the back... I'm not sure. Tire choices also will affect what sizes I end up going with.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
jgdynamics said:
yea, i totally agree, this is a very clean deuce, i wish he would see this and share his offsets... yea, i agree also, i wouldnt flush it out all the way like that, maybe a little more inside the fender... whut size and offsets are you going with kupop? i want a nice lip in the rear
I'm looking for a rear kit also the SW Jeriel. The Bomex doesn't cut it for me. Maybe a Borders rear maybe on hand. That Black SW is pretty (not like jgdynamics' car). never seenthe car around the LA meets is located in the SD area??? Who knows???

Peace-

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I have these wheels!

I too fell in love with that same picture and have talked to Neptuner.

They are 5Zigen 5ZR Copse 2-piece made by Rays Engineering for 5Zigen.

His wheels in the back are 18x9 +39 and he had to roll the fenders for them to fit. I ordered mine at +44 and they should clear all the way around with 255/35/18's.

Nep2nr has 18's in the front as well, but I live in chicago where the roads absolutely suck, front bodykits regularly get trashed, so I went with a stock lip and 17's for the front... 18's on stock bodied fronts look awkward IMHO.

Here's a detailed writeup on the rims:

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=38177&highlight=5zr+wheels

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boostd4!! thanks alot man, where would be the best place to order these rims with custom offset? i wouldnt mind going the same route as you... 17 front and 18 rear...

so for the rear, would an 18x9 +44 offset fit perfectly
and a 17x7 +35 -> +38?

thanks man

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I got mine from speedalliance.com as I listed in that post I linked to. However, I just went to their site and it has changed, and doesn't look like they sell wheels anymore. Might want to call them up and ask them.

My fronts are 17x7.5 +35 and I was told they will fit perfectly. I STILL haven't mounted them because my simple rebuild project turned into an all out built stroker MONSTER. I hope to have it running before the end of spring.

·
Registered
740 Posts
who oh why couldn't they make those in a 2 peice 17x8 and 17x9?! boooo.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts