MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is not finished yet, but it's getting close. I really need a paintjob. I paid for a carbon fiber hood to match also, but the group buy turned out to be shady and I'm still waiting. :mad: I also need at least a 245 on the rear, the 225's don't cut it, but they were free.

·
Registered
586 Posts
if you saw my car, you would see the essence of "in need of a paintjob". your car looks great man

RoJa formula 5's? very very NICE :thumbup i dont think i have ever seen an mr2 with those rims

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

They are 18's. I normally would not have purchased that big of rims, but my friend said he would sell them to me for $1000 with new tires. I was going to get a set of 17" Work VS-XX for 2500 without tires, but I decided to just get these wheels, keep them for a little while and sell them later after I do more more to the car. I think it would look better if I put a 17's in the front.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
not a fan of the wingless either, but overall the car looks awesome!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
You should just resell those wheels and buy some wheels that fit your car. Those are too big, and wayyyyy too wide. Do you see how the tire is completely stretched over the wheel? And do you see how the wheel is sticking out way past the tire? That doesn't look funny to you at all? When was the last time you saw an actual race car with a wheel/tire setup like that? I know you got a good deal but those wheels weren't meant to go on an MR2, which is why you have the tires stretched like that. The car will perform better with the proper sized tires as well. Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

My advice would be to sell the wheels you have and then you can easily buy some 17x7 and 17x9's (215/40/17 and 255/40/17) for the same price at TireRack or something. If you really like the wheels, another opton is to just get mild fender flares so you can put the right sized tire on there. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
thegeneral said:
You should just resell those wheels and buy some wheels that fit your car. Those are too big, and wayyyyy too wide. Do you see how the tire is completely stretched over the wheel? And do you see how the wheel is sticking out way past the tire? That doesn't look funny to you at all? When was the last time you saw an actual race car with a wheel/tire setup like that? I know you got a good deal but those wheels weren't meant to go on an MR2, which is why you have the tires stretched like that. The car will perform better with the proper sized tires as well. Just thought I'd let you know. ;)
Umm... stretched tires offer better feedback... but regardless all he has to do is buy bigger tires and it'll look fine... the width of the wheels in comparison to the tire size has nothing to do with whether or not the wheels were meant to go on an mr2

·
Registered
946 Posts
rhouck said:
Umm... stretched tires offer better feedback... but regardless all he has to do is buy bigger tires and it'll look fine... the width of the wheels in comparison to the tire size has nothing to do with whether or not the wheels were meant to go on an mr2
You're wrong. I cannot believe you're saying it's actually perfectly fine, and in fact beneficial to run a 225 on what seems to be a 9.5 inch wide rim. I'm speechless.

I'm done with this discussion. I try to help him out a little and I have someone trying to correct me with false information. This is a joke.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
thegeneral said:
You're wrong. I cannot believe you're saying it's actually perfectly fine, and in fact beneficial to run a 225 on what seems to be a 9.5 inch wide rim. I'm speechless.

I'm done with this discussion. I try to help him out a little and I have someone trying to correct me with false information. This is a joke.
Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed :)

How do you know how wide his wheels are? And I doubt you could even stretch a 225 across a 9.5" wide wheel.

Anyway, the wheels are awesome... Roja Form5's are great light, multi-piece wheeels. I wanted those, but were a little pricey for my range.

Stick a 245/255 on the back and it'll look great.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I see that the tires are to narrow, but the rims doesnt seem to stick out? seems to be flush imo.. so just new tires like he said in his first post too :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts