MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
42,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a couple of people that will be going to NA2005 that want to help run the Show & Shine.

Show and Shines are pretty simple. You get a few "Experts" in each MK and make of car (MR2, Elise, Celica All-Trac), chose which cars come the closest to our rules of the shows.
There will also be a "Peoples Choice Award" for the modified cars.

We are still working out the awards.

There will also be an exhaust contest as well. So if someone wants to step up and help with that I would thank you.

Contact me at [email protected]

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
I am in if we can make it. I might know a few things about auto appearance.

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
I would like to get the exhaust contest on tape and get a record of all the mods that effect it so I can set up something like this:
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/mod...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
The exhaust clip and pic setup on pouya's site is nice, but the above is awesome and would be a good resource for the community.
Should be pretty easy to do, I'll bring a tape measurer to be sure that the distance is the same from each vehicle. ;)

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
m0yb0y said:
^ that an inside lingo you higher ups use? I'm feeling neglected here :(
no, that is just bill trying to be funny or drunk or both. :didi:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
EL PAALO said:
I would like to get the exhaust contest on tape and get a record of all the mods that effect it so I can set up something like this:
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/mod...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
The exhaust clip and pic setup on pouya's site is nice, but the above is awesome and would be a good resource for the community.
Should be pretty easy to do, I'll bring a tape measurer to be sure that the distance is the same from each vehicle. ;)
That would be friggin sweet.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I would not mind helping. Although I have no MR2 judging experience. ;)

I like the idea of an exhaust contest :D

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
So aside from the exhaust contest, i think there should be 3 categories for each gen (MKI, MKII, MKII, CAT, Lotus)

1) Stock ( 0 perfomance or appreance mods at all)
2) Mild ( basic bolt on performance/apperance mods - ie JDM clears, 94 + tails on a 91-93, exhaust)
3) Wild (custom body kits molded on, extreme paint jobs, extreme performance mod)

I think we could have a "best motor" for each Gen also based on cleanliness and show apperance.

And I think we should focus on overall look and paint quality/cleanliness (ie lack of swirls, bumps, dents etc) Original paint is not necesarry, unless you think an "original paint" category would be needed.

Thoughs? Ideas? Comments?

David

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
We (meaning *I*) try to run the concourse as they have been run by car clubs for years. The overall winners are going to be the cleanest, nicest, most original cars in each category. People's choice awards are where the modified people get to strut their stuff. Splitting the categories up ends up being an administrative nightmare, as who is to say what is 'mild' and what is 'wild' as far as mods go? You may love PJ Bonafico (I'm sure I got that wrong) flares, but I hate them...which one of us gets to determine if the car wins?

What I propose are the following categories:

Best of Show MR2, All Trac, Elise - Single car that best exemplifies the preservation of the marque. Stock, pristine condition.
Best MKI, MKII, MKIII, ST165, ST185, Elise - The winning criteria are being as close to original condition as possible and as clean as possible.
Best Engine - criteria being cleanest, with the most 'bling'
Best Interior - criteria being cleanest, with the most 'bling'
People's choice MKI, MKII, MKIII, ST165, ST185, Elise - winner chosen by a vote of the event attendees.
Highest Mileage
Lowest Mileage (per annum - this keeps a brand new Spyder from winning over an 85 that has been driven 100 miles/year).

Each category could have 1-3 places, this will depend on how many people we get to register.

Based on this, to be a judge you have to have a working knowledge of what is original and what is not original. If you have that, you're in!

And before anyone thinks I like these rules because they favor my car - only my ST185 would stand a chance, and I'm not bringing it.

The winner in Vegas was an immaculate 93T - nicer than most were when they were new on dealer lots. The winner in Kingston was an immaculate 85 with 15K miles. Being stock doesn't mean that it isn't nice :)

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Loki said:
Is it possible to give out our own awards? If I want to award someone a Best Engineered award or some such, can I just do that on my own?
I don't have a problem if you want to present your own award at the banquet. Send me an email offline - we can talk about this.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If you guys need anymore help just let me know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would be happy to help were it not that I live in Europe.
If only I lived in America......

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
aeroplane....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts