MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've decided to go more the daily driver route with my 'two and ditch my brand new Black Sparco Speed Seats for some stock leather. These seats hold you in like there's no tomorrow, and the angle is very comfortable for non-reclining seats. I've done multiple 4+ hour drives in them. I just need for clients to get in and out of my car easier for my business, and unfortunately these aren't for them.

Here's my proposition:

I'm looking for someone local, i.e. within driving distance, to swap seats with. I want your stock BLACK turbo seats and a new all black CST leather interior kit (the group buy price was $435). I'm talking practically a straight up trade. Just buy me the leather kit and give me like $50 for the leather installation. And you get the seats, sliders, brackets.. everything. I paid $900 for these seats and hardware just a couple months ago from mvp motorsports, so they are new. No wear, no stains, no rips. Mint.

My loss is your gain.

Contact me @ [email protected] if you're interested in trading.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey im in Coral springs florida, about 2 1/2- 3 hours away i have a full leather interior but the seats have some rips in them i wiould be willing to do some sort of trade if you want? please let me know i am very interested. I would also be willing to make half of the trip if that helps.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd really only give up the seats for new leather.. pretty much firm on the trade guidelines above, or I'd just as well keep the sparcos. If you're still interested, I have family in FTL, so going down there wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
219 Posts
ok well they onyl other thing i would be willing to do is give you my leather and then let says like 100$ so you can have them redone, its not that bad just one rip on each seat. let me know.

Or throw an offer at me and we will see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
what does it matter if the leather is ripped if you want them to buy you a cst leather kit? it goes over the leather so technically cant someone give u their cloth seats with the leather kit?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh sorry for not being clear... it doesn't matter what condition the seats are in, as long as they aren't from a blue interior.. I don't want the plastic pull handles to be blue. I meant I wouldn't just trade for stock leather seats.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh ok you didnt say that you wanted my whole interior as well as the seats, in that case i am not interested unless you will be giving me some sort of interior as well in exchange.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I didn't say that.. I mean the recline handles on the seats.. (I'm just assuming since I've never actually seen stock MR2 seats up close).. if there isn't any blue plastic on the seats from a blue interior.. then I'll be willing to trade for blue seats as well.

Like I said above.. stock seats (any condition).. leather kit.. install..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok well what i have is this completely black leather seats with black handles on them in perfect working condition the only thing is that their is a rip in each of the seats, i am willing to give you the seats and like i said before 100 so that you can have the seats repaired or completely redone for your sparcos, if this does not work for you make me an offer i am very interested in these seats. Now im not exaclt sure what a leather kit is but i am assuming it is a kit to make your cloth seats leather seats, no i would bewilling to do this if you would be. Please let me know.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Stock leather seats will sell for like $100 to $200 a pair depending on Condition
even more if they were in perfect condition
and it takes like more than $350 to redo the leather on the seats

Sparco's go for like $300 a Seat or more depending on kind

id say give over $250 plus Stock seats for Sparco's
Just my opinion.

(hee hee Im getting JDM seats, Suede center, for only $275 in Almost perfect Condit)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't see the point of trying to quote me sparco seat prices? Yes Sparcos go for more than $300 a seat. That's $600 right there. Then brackets? Then sliders? Then shipping? Over $900. These seats are in MINT condition..

The CST leather kit above is a little over $440 I think, and beat up stock leater seats are $200 as you say?.. Still over $250 cheaper than what I paid for my seats.

I'm obviously not looking for seats in good condition. That's the point of trading for them with the CST Leather. It doesn't matter the condition of the seats. I don't care about whether the stock seats are cloth or leather.. as long as the recline handles aren't blue. You still think cloth seats will sell for $200 a pair? No. I don't care about the condition of the stock seats as long as they aren't torn apart. If you can't recognize the deal, please don't say anything.

You want me to trade $350 worth of stock seats and cash for $900 worth of sparcos? Sorry. No. Don't ruin people's threads.

I have no problem keeping the seats if my trade isn't met. I'm not bartering or haggling because I realize how much I'm losing already. I'm just trying to set up a win-win situation for someone with beat up stock seats, looking to spend $450 bucks for a pair of sparco's, sliders and rails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts