MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Who uses Personal steering wheels?

14K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  Minty AW11SC 
#1 · (Edited)
PICS ADDED: sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, Ill get better ones.
The stalks look close to the wheel but no... When holding the wheel I can extend my finger fully and only the tips touch the stalks, so about 3-3.5" of room between my knuckles and the stalks, its about like stock distance.

I just bought a Personal Neo Grinta 350mm steering wheel. Love the look, the center is angular and to me suits the MKI styling very well.

To mount it I bought a Momo Hub Adapter for MKI part # 7714

And a Nardi/Personal Brand Nardi/personal --> Momo hub adapter.

The Hub is standard Momo, and the adapter is 12mm thick and the Neo Grinta has a tiny bit of dish to it, so hopefully it should all sit very close to stock lengths and not hit my stalks while driving..

Who else rocks this brand steering wheel?

To me its along the lines of quality like Momo, maybe even better than Momo. Im going to assume Nardi makes Personal, and we all know Nardi are top of the line steering wheels.

I added better pics on post # 35 on 2nd page.

See less See more
#4 ·
#8 ·
Yeah im going to take pics this weekend, I have it all installed in the car now. I love the feel of it.

With the Momo hub and Momo to personal hub adapter it sits about stock distance away from the signal stalks. The steering wheel has about 1" of dish also so that helps.

#10 ·
any long term reviews in this wheel from other owners?
I know with some steering wheels, in time they begin to flex. :thumbdown I've had my Momo Race 350mm for 5 years now and so far no flex. The only complaint is that the leather tightens up in time and becomes shiney :thumbdown

#11 ·
nato1012 said:
any long term reviews in this wheel from other owners?
I know with some steering wheels, in time they begin to flex. :thumbdown I've had my Momo Race 350mm for 5 years now and so far no flex. The only complaint is that the leather tightens up in time and becomes shiney :thumbdown
i had a nardi/personal wheel in my 240 for about a year, however, i bought it used. it looked great and performed well the whole time i had it.

#13 ·
I would have pics of mine up but still no internet using my cell phone lately to get on here.

#14 ·
Here's my steering setup.

Momo hub with NRG 2.5 quick release and Momo Race wheel.. I have a question though..I'm not sure how to setup the horn..everytime I turn my wheel to a certain degree it'll contact inside and honk my horn when I don't want it to..how do I make it connect to the wires on the hub?

#17 ·
albert'sAW11 said:
Momo hub with NRG 2.5 quick release and Momo Race wheel.. I have a question though..I'm not sure how to setup the horn..everytime I turn my wheel to a certain degree it'll contact inside and honk my horn when I don't want it to..how do I make it connect to the wires on the hub?
put black tape or shrink wrap around the metal connector and make sure its not hittin anything to damage the wire

#21 ·
roger said:
Nice, does the horn work properly? I got a cheap one off of ebay and the horn spring and the Adaptor dont match up,, and I said to myself the momo cost 70 bucks because it probably works..I have a older personal wheel that im putting on soon.
Yes horn works great!

Its a genuine Personal horn button I got from an Ebay vendor. Think it was around $25-30.

#24 ·
Hmm I dont have a wheel yet but I got a hub? does that count? lol.

I really like that steering wheel MasonF. Is that a reproduction model from ebay? All I seen was blue stitch when I was shopping for mine.

I guess its not bad having a spare tire in the passenger seat. Much better than a passenger with a spare tire in the seat ;)

#26 ·
How did you guys go about mounting your horn?

Ive got a nardi personal wheel and a momo hub. Im waiting for my momo->nardi adapter before I can install it in my car.

My horn button doesnt secure into the momo horn retainer very well. Will the adapter secure it down?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.