MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who sells 3rd Gen 3sge swaps? I know mr2warehouse does but they only sell with installs and I want to do this myself. Also, what all needs to be changed to install the 3rd Gen into an NA.....I have searched and so far I have found that all I need is the longblock, ECU, and wiring harness....am I missing something? Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KoreanJoey said:
Um... like I said Fairlady Motors in Tacoma, WA. Doesn't have anything in stock, sorry.
Thanks anyway for checking it out :thumbup Eh, don't you drive a 3sge, if so how is it for performance and aftermarket parts availability?

·
Registered
137 Posts
A lot of the parts are the same as either the 3SGTE USDM or 5SFE. Clutch is the same as for the 5SFE (same size anyways, can't use stock stuff cause it'll wear really really fast). Most recent dyno on 110OCT (engages ACIS Quicker) was 155FWHP (FWD Celica). Remember though, I've got an HKS header, intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mister3 said:
www.chicoraceworks can orderone for you -- shipping is kinda spendy though :(
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. What kind of price would I be looking at for a 2nd or 3rd gen (with everything required to swap into my NA) shipped to:

Ottawa, Ontario Canada
postal code K2G 0W2

Thanks

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kpmash01 said:
I got my 2nd gen 3SGE from there. I recommend them as well.
I got a reply back from justjaps and they have a 2nd gen 3sge from a Celica.
Was your motor from a Celica? Can the Celica 3sge swap into my MR2? I'm not sure if there is any difference in the 3sge that came in the MR2 and the one from the Celica.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Mine came from an MR2. You can use the 3S out of the Celica...I think you need to relocate the alternator (you might be able to use your 5SFE bracket, not sure though). The wiring may be different, maybe someone can give you more info on that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a 3sge longblock from josh over at chicoraceworks.
Had it shipped up to hamilton,ontario and everything was great. Currently waiting for some pieces to arrive from the UK though so its kinda just sitting in my garage ;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mattp2182 said:
I got a 3sge longblock from josh over at chicoraceworks.
Had it shipped up to hamilton,ontario and everything was great. Currently waiting for some pieces to arrive from the UK though so its kinda just sitting in my garage ;)
Ah, your not too far from me, I live in Ottawa. Do you recall how much shipping was approx? What pieces did you require from the UK? Oh, and was it from an MR2 or a Celica?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I do believe it was somewhere around ~400 to have it shipped(duties +taxes ). Check up with josh first though, im sure he can give you a more accurate quote. Overall i cant say enough good things about him and his business, needless to say i would buy from him again in a second.

Anyways as for pieces from the uk, i needed to get a Coil/ignitor, map sensor/ ecu and wiring harness.

5SFE tranny bolts right up to the 3sge so you need a 3sge flywheel, 5sfe clutch.

The 3sge i got was from a celica, other then relocating the alternator its exactly the same.Soon as my uk parts arrive i should be good to start the transfer :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent, thanks a lot for the info. Good luck with your swap. If you can, post a review of your 3sge once you get a chance to drive it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have a 3sge in amazing condition. i looked a long time before i found one this clean inside. i also have the ecu again that was hard to find. both 3rd gen. they are for sale and im in the toronto area. it might sell on tuesday a guy is coming over to look at it. im asking 600 including the ecu. the ecu cost me 180 bucks so im taking a bit of a loss on this. i bought a 98 beams mr2 so i no longer need the 3sge. here are some pics if you are interested.

http://community.webshots.com/user/turbosummer

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jaygt said:
i have a 3sge in amazing condition. i looked a long time before i found one this clean inside. i also have the ecu again that was hard to find. both 3rd gen. they are for sale and im in the toronto area. it might sell on tuesday a guy is coming over to look at it. im asking 600 including the ecu. the ecu cost me 180 bucks so im taking a bit of a loss on this. i bought a 98 beams mr2 so i no longer need the 3sge. here are some pics if you are interested.

http://community.webshots.com/user/turbosummer
Would you be able to send the pics to my email. I can't seem to view them through the site.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts