MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you guys know , some chick hit me and said she would pay for the damage and didn't want to go through insurance which was fine by me. Well i got her contact information and her license plate number. So I've called 3 times since the 1st time i told her i was gonna go to the body shop and now she doesn't want to pick the phone up. It was 213.30 for the body shop to fix the damage. So who wants to stop by her house and crack her skull open?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Don't hit girls!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
You might try small claims court. I don't know what they'd say about your agreement to bypass insurance, though. Did you get anything on paper?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dsf3g said:
You might try small claims court. I don't know what they'd say about your agreement to bypass insurance, though. Did you get anything on paper?

Nothing besides her contact information and how much the bodywork/paint will cost. I'm just pissed off.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Is there anyway to prove that she hit you (Traded paint or matching damage) If so I would take pictures before she can get her car fixed. I would also call the cops to file a reprt if its not to late.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
did you get her addresss?...ill go down there...j/k!

·
Registered
275 Posts
looks like you got screwed again aaron. Never offer to bypass insurance unless they are willing to give you the cash money for it right then and there. Some people say if they offer a check then its ok, but people write bad checks to save their asses.

too bad.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh i got her address ,if she doesn't give me my money , i might have to go give her a free oil change at 1 am.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Leave a message on her voicemail, let her know you have all her information, including her name, address, phone, car, etc...let her know you'll be giving her one more opportunity to return your call before you contact the police and lawyer the next day.....or what the hell, give me her license plate number...I'll get more information for you...

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
I know you're frustrated over this, but do you really want to go posting this kind of stuff in public? If she turns up with a cracked skull - who do you think the police will have the best case against? If her engine siezes, who do you think is going to get the blame?

I've copied this thread to our secret storage area for future reference if needed. THINK before you post!

When in an accident, always get the insurance information. If they don't come through with paying outside insurance, file the claim.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MR2aniac said:
was she cute?
Yeah she was.

David Hawkins said:
I know you're frustrated over this, but do you really want to go posting this kind of stuff in public? If she turns up with a cracked skull - who do you think the police will have the best case against? If her engine siezes, who do you think is going to get the blame?

I've copied this thread to our secret storage area for future reference if needed. THINK before you post!

When in an accident, always get the insurance information. If they don't come through with paying outside insurance, file the claim.

I do think before i post ,but frankly i'm not worried about the police i dont think the police are going to come on the mr2 board and say that's the man right there (or even have any evidence saying i did something), we got him boys let's take him home. If her engine siezes , good for her. If she breaks her skull and dies , good for her too. You copied to the secret storage are so you can give it to the police?That's Ggggggggreatttttttt!

If she doesn't call me tomorrow and i call her again(tomorrow for the final time). I'm gonna do one or two things and she isn't going to like it.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
always,always call the police and get a report then if she gives too much guff the police can take action. The police report also makes the insurance claim much easier.

I have yet to figure out why people continue to fall for the "take my info, lets not call the police" scam. Its a good way to get out of paying anything.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
8Legs said:
always,always call the police and get a report then if she gives too much guff the police can take action. The police report also makes the insurance claim much easier.

I have yet to figure out why people continue to fall for the "take my info, lets not call the police" scam. Its a good way to get out of paying anything.
Yeah man , i should of called the police and now i feel foolish for not doing so.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
well chalk this up as a life experience. The cool thing is if they leave after you state your calling the police they get charged with Felony hit and run. In this case PoPo is your friend.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
TheDarkMajestic said:
Oh i got her address ,if she doesn't give me my money , i might have to go give her a free oil change at 1 am.
If she parks her car outside, then you might stop by and take a picture of the damage to her car so you'll have evidence to show (assuming you take her to small claims court, that is). Also, as someone else suggested, if you traded paint in the accident then take a picture of the her paint on your car. Show a small claims court judge pictures of your car with her paint on it, and her car with damage and your paint on it, and you'll likely prevail (though I'm not a lawyer, so really, I'm basically talking out of my kiester here).

·
senordos
454 Posts
aaron, you have a car that runs????? :bsflag:

or did she hit you in your driveway??

;) (jk bro)

kev

1 - 20 of 22 Posts