MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get my car re-painted. Was wondering what is a really white eye hurting white color. What brand of paint should I use? Was thinking of House of Kolor for the brand. what do ya think?

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
super white II is a nice white IMO, i dont know the code though but this is what it looks like, correct me if this isnt the color

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
the brightest white ive found was used in ford cars, but i cant remember the year. I also like the 99 mitsubishi white too.

·
Registered
484 Posts
subaru aspen white is really nice and bright, so is the lexus crystal white pearl (my car is being painted this color in march).

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've seen surbaru white and it is more white than my MR2 super white. I also think the audi white is really white too.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Sup, my fellow hmong mr2 enthusiest.

Not the brightest white but I've always loved the Honda championship white on integra type R's.

·
Registered
540 Posts
hmong337 said:
Sup, my fellow hmong mr2 enthusiest.

Not the brightest white but I've always loved the Honda championship white on integra type R's.
that is what i will be painting mine... i love that white

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
xturfoz said:
i've seen surbaru white and it is more white than my MR2 super white. I also think the audi white is really white too.
Keep in mind that the Super White I (043) that came on 91-92 MR2's is not as bright as the Super White II (040) available on 93+ MR2's like pictured above.

·
Registered
860 Posts
xturfoz said:
Was thinking of House of Kolor for the brand. what do ya think?
If you plan on using hok. You must use there whole paint system. If you don't, they won't back up the paint.
And when you do use there whole paint system, they still won't back it up.
They always find a reason not to re-imburse you.
I know from experience. The only product I like from hok, is the kk candys.
hok is very hard to handle.
Check out this site. Most of there paint system is compatible with different reducers and clears from other manufactures. I'm using their radical red basecoat on my truck, with candy apple red hok kk concetrate in the clear
http://www.alsacorp.com/paints.htm

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
I will jump in here. The brightest white i can think of as far as factory color go is Subaru Aspen White.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
The lambo white is creamy compaired to Aspen White. I have touched up 2 Countach's that color and its not that bright. White paper is also not a good compairison. If you hold it up to a white car its brown.;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
8Legs said:
I will jump in here. The brightest white i can think of as far as factory color go is Subaru Aspen White.
duhh.. i shoulda known dat.. my boy has a aspen white sti and yes it is pretty damn bright sittin next to my car.. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah subaru white is pretty bright cause last time a impreza park next me, it made my super white look creamy

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
are you talking the on on the new gallardo?
theres three:
1. LAM. 231023 Impact White 2CT (90) 231023
2. LAM.00015 Bianco 00015
3. LAM.*0060 Bianco Isis 2CT *0060 this one is the brightest!;) the one i'm getting!

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
It is still creamier than Aspen, but a very nice color.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, guys what about paint brand? like i mentioned earlier thinking of hok but it's pretty pricey. what other brand is good.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
depends on what conditions your painting in. What are your plans? Paint it yourself in a booth or a garage, home made booth... Is it warm, cold, humid, dry? These things need to be taken into consideration when figuring out materials. www.autobody101.com is a great place to bounce info off of people.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts