MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, need some advice on the problem mentioned in the title that my car has recently run into. After running the engine for 4-5 min and having it heat up, white smoke will start to come out from somewhere in the left side of the engine bay. I also hear a pretty audible hissing sound that increases in volume as the smoke also increases, the longer the car is on. After pulling over, there was also some liquid leaking out from the left side of the car as well and upon opening the lid, I noticed that a bit of liquid (coolant?) was sprayed up and all around. And no, it doesn't come out of the exhaust, just the left side of the bay and subsequently the driver side vent on the side panel.

I'm honestly not the most knowledgeable car guy as I am still learning but I'm pretty sure the sweet smelling white smoke means coolant? But what about the hissing sound? Any ideas? Ive had the car for a little over a month now and this hasn't happened before. The one " different"thing in driving it today I guess was that the weather was especially hot (85+ degrees f) and all the previous days ive driven it were much cooler. Not sure if that has to do with anything but it's worth mentioning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts