MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
master_328 said:
Hi, I just bought an mr2 and I`d like to know which struts are mounted, they seem to be adjustable (4settings). Thanks for help.
Hey, I was just about to start a new thread about my suspension. I, too, bought a car about 2 weeks ago and the guy couldn't remember what the previous owner had on the car. But, mine too has 4 adjustable settings that really do make a difference. On setting 4(soft) it has a lot more body roll than when the suspension is on setting 1(stiff). Here's a link to my pics on carpron.com: http://www.carpron.com/multisite/v/Upload/DR+PH1L/

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
agx's for teh both of you the rears have the top hat adjustment just make sure the 2 of you push down befor turning the valves

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
monopolizedinc said:
agx's for teh both of you the rears have the top hat adjustment just make sure the 2 of you push down befor turning the valves
Thanks for the info. Although I haven't pushed down before and it's worked. Is this bad?

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
they claim it is so im just making the note for you guys

·
Registered
768 Posts
DR PH1L said:
Thanks for the info. Although I haven't pushed down before and it's worked. Is this bad?
Kinda off topic but I noticed you're in Paso. I'm moving to your neck of the woods, Morro Bay, in a few weeks.

Are there many MR2s out there? Gatherings?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
FYI - The AGX struts go from 1 (softest) to 4 (hardest). For the rears, you read the actual setting from a white dot and the side of the strut under cap. For the fronts, there is a mark (in addition to the slot) that shows what it's pointing to.

Monopolizedinc already covered pressing down on the adjusters before turning them.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
monopolizedinc said:
they claim it is so im just making the note for you guys
Okay, cool. Yeah it seemed like it helped, but the second time i turned them without pressing the lever down, and it didn't seem like it worked. Thanks again, though.

mr2crazed said:
Kinda off topic but I noticed you're in Paso. I'm moving to your neck of the woods, Morro Bay, in a few weeks.

Are there many MR2s out there? Gatherings?
Um, sorry to tell u this, but in Paso Robles there's only 4, yes FOUR, MR2s that live here: 3 2nd gens and a 3rd gen. I've seen plenty more on the highway to SLO and Morro Bay, but mostly 1st gens. Believe it or not, I've probably seen more Lotus Elise's around here than MR2s! But, I'd be more than happy to start up a club or a meet/gathering if you want to. I always get envious of the people on these forums that come back with pics of like 10 mr2s in a row. lol The most mr2s ive seen at one place is 4! lol All of us from Paso passed each other on the highway. lol Here's my email: [email protected]

erioshi said:
FYI - The AGX struts go from 1 (softest) to 4 (hardest). For the rears, you read the actual setting from a white dot and the side of the strut under cap. For the fronts, there is a mark (in addition to the slot) that shows what it's pointing to.
Yeah, I could have sworn 1 made it stiffer, but obviously you know what you're talking about. lol Maybe I just THOUGHT it made it stiffer because I WANTED to make it stiffer. sorry, psychology class is getting to me. lol Thanks again Kenny

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
erioshi is right you cna tell the difference for sure when you change them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts