MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this may sound dumb but what side of the spring is on top? The part were the coil is nearier to each other or the part were the coil is wider apart? Should I be able to read name printed on spring. Or even in generial dose the top of the coil (sitting on the car) more or less in coils

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The design of the end of the spring tells you, because for it to sit correctly in the perch it has to be a certain way. If you look at where it mounts, you should be able to see what I mean (kind of hard to explain but I'll try). On one side the coil is more like it was cut off, so the end is out more than the rest. That side should go down. The other side is more like the coil has been flattened, and it should go up. Just set it in and twist the spring a bit and you will feel it sort of catch in place.

Hope that makes sense.

-G-

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I've never install springs before, but just taking a wild guess...I don't think the letters should be upside down. I'm guessing that your springs are as well, but I could be wrong.

Eric

·
1994 SMG N/A
3,202 Posts
You can try asking fdesalvo. He has the GF210's with Tokico Illumina shock combo. I agree with EricLee7481, I don't think the info stamp on the springs should be upside-down. I know my RS-R's aren't so I'm just assuming it's the same for every other manufacturer. Tell us how it goes once you're done, though. These were the springs I was going to get before my RS-R's and am regretting it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
From the first picture it looks like both ends of the spring are the same. On stock springs one end is ground flat and the other isn't. On stock springs the flat end goes on top.

If both ends are the same, it shouldn't matter. Going with the letters right side up is as good a guess as any.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
The tighter coils go on top, in this case the dead coils, with the lettering upside right. Though since gf210s are supposedly linear I don't think it'd matter much if both ends are the same like Randy mentioned.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
..... i always though linear springs were even after mounting them (coil spacing) and progressive were tighter on top and then spaced out tward the bottom... any who looks to me they are upside down, im surprised you dont ahve any poping from the fron spring when you turn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.