MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got most of my interior back and am now am going to focus on back up camera shortly I have it wired up just don't know where to place. I know most of you don't have one but to the ones who do I am looking for opinions on the best place to put it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you want something nicely integrated, probably install in the center panel between the tail light assemblies. But if me, I'd get the kind of backup camera that is part of a license plate frame that you can just bolt on to minimize modifications to rare MR2 body parts that you will not be able to undo. I had one on an SUV I used to have and it worked well enough. There's a lot of options for that type.

·
Registered
187 Posts
one of my friends put his where the keyhole was in the kouki lights (his is a 91, so barrel is too short) and it works okay. Little offset, but not a huge thing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't have an answer to this but b'gawd do I want a backup camera, mainly for reversing out of a parking space. The wide angle view on these things is incredible. Currently I have to get 3/4 out of the spot before I can see if anyone is coming in either direction.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I tried not to but I have to say this. I can’t believe you guys need or even want a backup camera in an MR2. They are so easy to see out of and so small it isn’t needed. Use your mirrors and look over your shoulder and put the money elsewhere!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Here’s mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts