MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some new axles, and cant seem to find any... Ive looked at autozone and oreilly's, and they both have no clue how to get any. Can anyone tell me the part numbers for either of those places, or one for napa, advanced auto parts, or somewhere else. Anyone know where i could get toyota parts for cheaper than the dealership? Is there an online source for them?

TIA

Michael

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
www.partznet.com Cheaper than the stealership down the street but don't expect new axles for cheap. NAPA and those guys souldn't have any problems getting axles for you. What year/NA/SC/5 speed auto?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Down here in Houston I was able to get a rear rebuilt axle for my 87 na Mk1 several months ago from Autozone, no problem. I can't imagine why you are having a problem finding rebuilt axles for a Mr2 Mk1.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they toldme they couldnt get it from their warehouse... i tried ordering one twice, with the same result. My local oreilly's wound up with a pontiac 6000 shaft, lol.

EDIT: Its an 88 na, manual... sorry.

T

·
0 Posts
If the 86's and 88's have the same rear end, I've got a complete rear end. I can jerk it all apart and sell em to ya, as long as you're not in any big hurry...

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
just go in and tell them you want an 85/86 cv axle..... not sure why, but all of the part books (i work at a parts store) don't like the 88/89 cv axles at all, strangely enough..... mr2_vri is using an 85/86 in his 89 which we just ordered for him not too long ago.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts