MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this turbo from a friend for $50 to use on my turbo project...
But I dont know which is the oil in/out and which is the water in/out.

It came from a Volvo.. but I dont know which model... here are some pictures:

Thanks in advance for any help....

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
To me it looks like the oil feed is the top bolt on the 2nd pic and the drain is the hole with the 2 bolt holes next to it on the 3rd pic that kind of looks like the O2 sensor flange. Those are side mounted turbos so you may need to re-clock it so the drain is toward the bottom when you mount it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks... the way the flange on the log-style manifold I have positions the turbo... that drain line would be somewhere at an 85-75 degree angle... so oil should flow out of it good enough... right?

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
turbo4ag said:
Hold on... you are saying the oil feed is not on the opposite side of the oil drain?
No I didn't say that, the oil feed looks to be the top bolt on the second picture which should be the opposite end of the drain hole, if I looked at it right...
You should be able to loosen the clamp and rotate it a few more degrees, you need the drain as close to the bottom as possible because it mainly drains by gravity.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot Papo J... but I've had bad luck in the past trying to clock turbos... I messed up another t3 I had trying to do that...

But I'll see exactly how it fits before I run the lines to it... I gotta do a test mount tommorrow...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts