MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyler, I've sent you a few emails over the course of last week, and I tried your cell phone yesterday, but I still haven't recieved a response from you.

You sent me an email January 30th saying you would get a tracking number to me ASAP on the package you shipped on the 22nd. Despite my numerous attempts to contact you, I still don't have a tracking number. Have my parts been shipped out, when, and where are they? They should not be taking this long to ship in the continental US. Please respond to this thread or send me an email immediately!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
there was a recent thread hear about the same thing :mad: something should be done about this member!!!

good luck

Trenthttp://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=84140

·
Registered
368 Posts
To support Greg888 and Lmackattack as well as the others who have posted recently, Tyler aka Pontiac5oh is doing the same the same thing to me. He told me he does not have a tracking number, yet sent out a package and after about 3 weeks I still have not gotten anything. He promised me a refund, and then he does not send me my money back, he just keeps asking for my paypal e-mail address. I now think that he is just trying to scam the mr2 board members, who fully put trust and faith in other members such as Tyler. I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt, but really, this is getting a bit far-fetched. I know it's not a large sum of money, but the money isn't the point here, it's the principle of it all. And it's not coincidence that he is doing this to so many people, and his excuses just don't cut it. I hope everyone who has dealt with him speaks out and puts him out of business, I feel that many people are fooled by the fact that he has many positive feedbacks. That may reflect his past, but his current business practices are not backing his reputation.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried calling him again tonight, and it went to voicemail. Still no emails, either. I have very few doubts now that I have been ripped off.

I know many people on this board have dealt with Tyler. Unless he contacts me within 24 hours, I will proceed with legal action. Unfortunately, all I have is an email address and a cell phone number. If somebody is willing to email me a street address and/or his parents/shop/business number I would greatly appreciate it.

For those that would defend him, just try to explain to yourself why there are now 4 people who have been left without money, without tracking numbers and without contact of any kind. I felt confidant in this transaction because he had so much positive feedback, but I can find no justification for his actions so far.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Another complaint on pontiac5oh...

I have another complaint on this individual. Last week, I responded to one of his ads on here, and send him $125 dollars for a passenger side hub I need for a swap being performed at the MR2 Warehouse. I begged and pleaded that he try to get them out by Tuesday, he said he'd try, but couldn't gaurentee anything before Wednesday. He said if he waits until Wednesday, he'll send them priority. I said okay, fair enough, but it is very important that I get a tracking number, so Dave, my installer, knows when to expect them. After I sent the funds via PayPal on 1/30/05, 2 days go by and I hear NOTHING. NOTHING Tuesday, NOTHING Wednesday. Thursday I send him another mail, asking for a status and tracking number. He responds with this:

yes, sent fedex today.
tyler

Hrmm...I think the mail to him was simple. "tracking" and "number". If I were 4 I'd understand what that meant, yet...no response on the tracking number? I emailed him back..."May I please have the tracking number..."...no response for 5 days after that!!!

Next, I had to actually search for the ad I responded to, and found his AIM name. I IM'd him through instant messenger. He told me he sent my hubs Wednesday (which he said in a mail dated Thursday in outlook that they were sent "today"). He also said that he sent Dave at PA AUTO RACING a set of hubs Friday. I asked Dave this and he had no idea what I was talking about. Never talked to him about hubs or had anything sent to him. In his IM's to me Monday, he explained that he didn't give me a tracking number because he sends out a lot of stuff at one time, and doesn't know which one is mine. I say, give me all of them or scan them and I'll track them all...then he gives me that I sent to Dave a set of hubs b.s...and can't find the receipts. What is this guys deal? I really don't want to hear any excuses... in fact I don't care about a measily $125 dollars... I just want my car!!! If I knew I was going to be waiting 2 weeks for a part to travel from Baltimore, MD to Souderton, PA (200 miles) which should take FedEx 2 days, I would have bought from someone in California!!!

For real, I don't want excuses... I don't want to hear about mistakes, this is happening too much obviously. Excuses are for saps... I want those dang hubs... F that money...

This post is so someone else don't get ripped off. Not for someone else to make up an excuse. GOD I HATE EXCUSES!!! THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR SOMETHING TO BE TAKING 5 DAYS TO GO 200 MILES!!! NONE!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tyler called me back today. He apologized profusely for the delay in getting in touch with me, and updated me on the status of my parts. They were mailed out USPS and marked return to sender. He has them back in the mail, and I have a tracking number in my email inbox.

For everyone else, he did explain that his life has been a bit crazy lately, and he was ill-prepared for the volume of business. He did say that he will have tracking numbers for most everyone today or tomorrow.

As far as I'm concerned, better late than never, and I do prefer having the parts I needed instead of a refund. I think this issue can now be considered resolved. If anyone else has problems, I recommend trying to give him a call.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
This does not explain why parts were sent Wednesday 2/2 and still aren't here Tuesday 2/8...this is 2 1/2 hours away, not 3,000 miles. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
BlackSheep said:
I can definitely sense that he is scamming. This is too much to be coincidence.
I can't wait to hear what the next excuse is going to be in reply to this response...

Funny thing is, he said he was going to check with the shipping company (whatever it is, his communication is so crappy I don't know) and let me know... Even with this being said, I haven't heard anything.

I am a very organized person. I keep all mails in seperate folders, FedEx, UPS has shipping managers, I can't see how someone can be this sloppy. I would never do this...

G

·
And here comes my lengthy reply,

I have been on this board for a LONG time. At first, just as your typical member driving a 91 NA MR2, then upgraded to the turbo model. Even after blowing the engine and selling the car, i found myself lurking on the board, answering to threads and keeping my eyes peeled for another mr2 when the time was right.

i stumbled across a 1991 SMG turbo with a "bad turbo" on ebay. i inquired about more pictures and recieved them, and boy, was it a beauty. i bought a good turbo from a fellow board member and was awaiting the shipment of my 3rd MR2 from Kansas. When it arrived, i diagnosed it with a blown #3 cyl, and the engine bay was in pieces. I soon lost hope in restoring its original motor and began to look for JDM clips. While in my quest to find the right clip, a good friend of mine (who also owned an MR2 turbo) wrecked his pristine 92 and totalled it on the highway. It was at this point that i realized i could buy his car back from the insurance company, give him a little cash, part his car out and use his car's engine as the donor engine for my SMG. This was accomplished and i was so happy when i heard my car start up after my first swap. In the following days, i pieced her back together and got the car off jackstands and in my driveway. I called my insurance company to add the car to my policy, and with the 8 points i have on my MD drivers liscence, the price was too much for me to own it\drive it. It broke my heart to sell it out of the paper, but i had to.

Some points dropped off in the upcoming months and i began the quest yet again. I found first, the parts car in NH and bought it off of ebay. towed it home in my ford bronco II in the middle of january with no heat and parked it in my garage. I parted this one out, this time making sure i pull as much as possible off to sell, and keep my new found "customer base" happy with quick shipping, and parts in the condition i had promised.

I then found a 1991 AMP shell with NO interior and no engine right here in MD for only 300 bucks, i couldn't pass it up. Bought, swapped it, and this time, i wasnt too keen on the blue interior, so i sold it.

This trend continued, and what i began to realize, was that i was throwing myself into a small business and didnt even realize it. i kept the parts cars coming, and the donor shells in the driveway being swapped with nearly 2 parts cars per month these past 8 months.

Recently, (these past 3 weeks), i decided to "take a stab" at opening a small business, getting LLC'd and recieving my tax ID number to get things off the ground. I thought it would be a good idea to start with parts cars, that way i could purchase the first two cars, part them out, and get cash lined up for my donor vehicles. Things went great for the first week-10 days. Then Ebay auctions started to end, Board orders piled up, and i became overwhelmed with nearly 100 orders in just the last 2 weeks. My methods i was using for my one little parts car in my personal garage weren't working anymore, and i needed to design new ways to keep things organized and most importantly, keep the customers happy.

I realize that many of you have been waiting on your parts for some time now, and i apologize greatly for that. I understand your frustration in instant payment through paypal, only to not yet recieved your parts, but understand that I am NOT out to rip you guys off. Firstly, if you have met me (which many local members have) you know that I am not out to get anyone, and only out to help you piece your MR2s back together. I have driven great distances to deliver parts and pick up parts cars. If i was truly out to take your money, i would do so on a group buy on 94 tails, or outrageously cheap 98 wings. Im taking your small orders of obscure parts. I realize that i have fallen into a somewhat slump of upset customers and i hope to retain many of you when you do recieve your parts in the condition as promised. Secondly, i sell parts to board members at almost nothing to what i get on ebay for them, solely for the satisfaction of knowing and hearing about how you got your car back together, or up and running, or cleared that CEL that has been bugging you for the last 2 years.

G

·
Im sure some of you still will post showing how you are annoyed with my slow delivery, which is your right, but understand and know that you will get your parts.

The business you see below is just getting its LLC and tax ID tommorrow, and will soon be a board sponsor. My partner and I have developed this quick and easy to use directory of who bought what, when it was shipped, what shipper, and the tracking number. You will find below the link to that page:

http://www.vtecthis.com/orderstatus/

As all of you know, I ship many parts (this is not an excuse), but things seldomly do get lost in the mail, or even damaged. I have always refunded money or sent a replacement part if this should happen. NEVER have i taken payment and refused to send the part(s).

Many of you have voiced your concerns of my slow shipping and i will apologize once again, but making threats to me on IM like one of you have to come to my house and kill me is extremely unreasonable and childish.

Again, im sorry for the snail mail, things are being taken care of immeadiately, and i will continue supplying used OEM parts to the MR2 commnunity whether it be here or on ebay.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post here or email me.
thanks
tyler

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Tracking something through EITHER of those services never gaurantees that the tracking number will work the SAME day they are shipped. The number works the day after.

....in most cases

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
MK2MR2 said:
Tracking something through EITHER of those services never gaurantees that the tracking number will work the SAME day they are shipped. The number works the day after.

....in most cases
? And that is supposed to be something I DONT know? Thank you captain obvious! Next time, tell me why it's taking 5 business days to ship something 200 miles.

Any excuse will do.

G

·
but you are wrong, your hubs were sent last weds. im not sure why your tracking number isnt up there. my partner entered everything in at his house and emailed me the page just minutes ago. but hey, ive got two more sets of turbo hubs if you want to pick them up any day this week

tyler

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Jspec MKII MR2 said:
? And that is supposed to be something I DONT know? Thank you captain obvious! Next time, tell me why it's taking 5 business days to ship something 200 miles.

Any excuse will do.

ok, dont talk to me like that homie, I was stating a ____ing fact!!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.