MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard good things about these pads. Its time for me to replace my stock pads and i was looking in the R4S. So these pads are streetable? Where are you guys buying them from? What web sites? Whats a good price for all four?

Thanks,

-Ben

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
sorry to bump and old thread but are there alternative means of contacting Porterfield other than thier website that is currently down?

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
From Yahoo Yellow Pages:
Porterfield Enterprises
Address: 1767 Placentia Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone: (949) 548-4470

·
Registered
581 Posts
OK, anyone know of any RELIABLE sites that sell R4S pads online (order form, shopping cart, checkout, etc). Unless I didn't look thoroughly enough, the Porterfield site looks like they only take phone/fax orders. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
phone and fax is the only way to get them direct, but it doesnt take very long to order by phone from them

i called, picked up directly by a sales rep and was done with the call in just a few mins (3-5)

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
SenorDos said:
OK, anyone know of any RELIABLE sites that sell R4S pads online (order form, shopping cart, checkout, etc). Unless I didn't look thoroughly enough, the Porterfield site looks like they only take phone/fax orders. Thanks.
Do you fear human contact or something? Call them. They'll probably be able to tell you exactly when they're gonna ship too. I'd much rather talk to a sales rep than hit submit, let my order go off into the black hole, and not see my parts for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I purchased mine through Toysport, and they were significantly less than the price on the Porterfield website. Received them within two weeks from the time I placed my order.

Personally, I have never had a problem with Toysport, but I do know that some people have, I have always dealt with Mario and he has always taken good care of my order.

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
I emailed Porterfield and they said the part number for the rear 88 pads is : Rears AP 309 R4-S $79.95. Is that the same part number they give for the 91-5 rears for those that have bought them ?

John
93T, 88 SC

·
Registered
581 Posts
I called Porterfield today, and ordered my new R4S pads. The girl on the phone was VERY helpful and friendly. They emailed the tracking # within a couple hours, and I s/b getting the pads in two days. Excellent! Yeah, costs more than Toysport, but worth it to me.

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
jeebert2 said:
I emailed Porterfield and they said the part number for the rear 88 pads is : Rears AP 309 R4-S $79.95. Is that the same part number they give for the 91-5 rears for those that have bought them ?

John
93T, 88 SC
Mention the "spiderchat discount" and you'll get them for $63.00. This has worked for me twice.

·
Next Race 4/12/14
1,563 Posts
jeebert2 said:
Damn, too late - already ordered them.

John
93T, 88 SC
Maybe not.. they can credit back your credit card. Call them back and tell them you forgot to mention it. If you bought all four, it's worth $30.00. I think that's worth a try.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
jeebert2 said:

John
93T, 88 SC
All MKI and MKII use AP309 in the back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts