MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1993 Turbo and have worn the calipers down so bad they can't be rebuilt. I am looking for the cheapest place to get 93 calipers with pads. I will be purchasing rotors elsewhere but can't seem to find a decent price for calipers (im assuming since its a 93+).

www.rockauto.com seems to have calipers at a decent price, but im not sure which ones to get. any help would be greatly appreciated.

ace

Y

·
0 Posts
email me if you are interested in genuine Toyota calipers. I can get the rebuilt ones for a lot less than new.

Mike

M

·
0 Posts
sab0276 said:
I am interested in a rebuilt driver's side rear caliper for a 93T. Can you email me a price quote.

-Scott
it is a bad idea just just replace one caliper, you should do it in pairs.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You should be able to get them at NAPA for fairly cheap. Its the core charge that keeps them out of the hands of us that own 91-92.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Really? The Napa by me doesn't even check the cores hardly. Front the core charge, buy the remans, then take in your old 91/92's a week later. They won't notice the difference... not entirely sure about brakes but I've done this with axles and such and never had a problem trading for different year cores as long as they appeared similar.

They'll just rebuild your old 91/92's and sell them to someone else... it's a victimless crime as the rebuilt caliper prices are nearly identicle.

·
Driving MR2s since '89
4,129 Posts
For the thread starter - what do you mean your calipers are "worn down"? Brake pads wear out - you replace them. Caliper piston seals eventually leak, so you rebuild them (or replace them with remans), usually giving your old ones back as cores. But calipers themselves don't "wear down".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts