MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have a 1986 factory repair manual, and the wire manual. if you need to look something just ask kameleon he knows. if you need something looked up.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Same here with the 1985 manual, most things are still true in my 87 MR2. I thought I lost it when I moved last summer; its a good thing I found it, the dealership here wanted about $120! I was shocked, my manual I have now came from the dealer for about $85. That was 1998 though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have an 86 dealers manual for the whole car and i go the dealer wireing book to plus some other book for 85-87, all i got all of them for free they came in my car when i bought it 2 years ago.

·
RIP 8/6/1948 - 9/5/2011
16,626 Posts
^^
Those are NOT Toyota documents. And their accuracy is, at best, mediocre. It's like comparing a Clymer book to a year-correct BGB. There is no substitute for the EWC for your particular model.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I usually just keep an eye on ebay, I got my 86 BGB, for about 36$ shipped in almost mint condition, of course i accidently ripped the cover off but nothing a little clear duct tape wont handle.
Even with the bgb i still need a ton of help from the board half the time, but still a much needed tool for your 2.
Good Luck all,
Lee

·
Registered
253 Posts
I bought a Haynes repair manual from the local auto shop for like 18 bucks. 85-87, complete teardown down to the last bolt, and rebuild. Step by step process, all the specs, including testing processes for all the sensors and switches, along with troubleshooting codes, and COMPLETE WIRING DIAGRAMS!!

funny thing is, I'm on here asking questions just as much...

question, whats the difference between a BGB and this manual that I have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Haynes manual and it is sorely deficient. I really want the BGB for my 87". I'm cheap cuz I'm broke, so I've been looking in all the hole in the wall used book stores , no luck yet. Question, for my 91' Galant VR4 I bought the factory service manual on CDROM. Its the complete mechanical and electrical on the disk, I print what I need when I need it. Has anybody seen the BGB in CDROM format?

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
You do know that the factory does not service cars right? and if they did the books would be totally useless unless you could read Japanese. :)

Service Manuals are found at you local dealer or through the address above. Also try Lithia and ToyotaCountry

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I have a haynes and I love it, but it does have one major error I've found so far- the pin layout for the throttle position sensor is wrong. I found the right one in a PDF of the '88 BGB, and suddenly things started making sense again!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the whole BGB in PDF format if anyone needs it I believe its for 89 send me a pm with an email and i'll try to send it.

I'm sorry guys the PDF is 100MB that I am unable to email. If anyone know somewhere where I can post these so you guys can just download it that would be awesome. Sorry again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts