MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smh, I can't believe I'm asking this but where are the t-top drain tubes located? I believe mine may be clogged. But I can't figure out where the tubes are o_O

·
Registered
238 Posts
They run down to the vents behind the quarter glass. It's very common for them to become disconnected and cause leaking as well.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much, I pulled the vent next to the glass and its super muddy. But now I'm trying to figure out where that tube leads to. When I press on the seal next to the b pillar it squirts water through a tiny crack in the seal. But I'm not seeing the tube on the t-top side

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
I usually test with a little compressed air to blow it clear then squirt some silicone spray with one of those extension tubes straight down the drain to check operation. That at least lets me know if it is connected and working correctly.

jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does someone have a illustrated guide to reinserting passenger (right hand drive) drain tube? I can't see for looking...took left hand inner guard cover off and couldn't see any obvious exit point

Thanks in advance👍

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had to repair a damaged front right-side drain tube a few years ago. I cannot find any photos or any detailed notes, but my memory is that there is no visible point of exit for these front drain tubes. The drain tube ends up between two converging sheets of the unibody in front of the footwell towards the outside, where these two sheets have a short section of unwelded seam along the bottom of the car, which is where the water drips out. I thought this was an odd arrangement, but at least I did not have to worry about routing the replacement tube down 4 feet of the A-pillar to a specific outlet hole. As a disclaimer, this is based solely on my memory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts