MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup I want to get some new wheels I am in between these two which are very different. honestly I am leaning towardsthe chrome stern wheels but I do like the 5zigen wheels too. I know there might be alot of people who don't like the bling bling look but I have some chrome wheels on my car already and I think it looks real nice and the girls think so as well. at the end it'll come down to what fits better I am very concerned about that. will these wheels work? if not what will? or.... what will I have to do to make them work. thx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-W...emQQcategoryZ43958QQitemZ8033685738QQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17x8...034664208QQcategoryZ43957QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
458 Posts
i think you are going to have a hard time stuffing that 17x10 +35 FN back there...the stagger for the 5zigens are very unnecessary too...itll probably make your car drive like poo...

judging by the specs, wheel design, your affinity with chrome, (and my bias towards stern wheels, teehee); id say get the sterns...they seem like they would fulfill your situation more adequately...

show us pics when you finally decide...

·
Premium Member
13,811 Posts
The sterns wont fit. They will be 10mm past the fenders up front, and may still rub the suspension (8.5" wide doesnt fit up front on stock body).

The rears will be 7mm past the fenders as well.

·
Premium Member
13,811 Posts
There are lots of other sizes and offset available in the fn01rc, and not even much more expensive than ebay, especially when you consider some places offer free shipping. I know discounttiredirect.com has them, as well as edgeracing.com.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well heres another question, I havent really been able to find any wheels im happy with in 17's, I havent checkd those sites in detail ill do that soon. heres my question, I have 17's on my car right now and the tires are pretty low profile I was wondering what would be the biggest tire I could fit onto 18's without rubbing over bumps like crazy?

·
Premium Member
13,811 Posts
18's are going to pretty much require a 35 series tire to clear the spring perch, regardless of bumps. There isnt much room with the stock suspension for taller tires (if you look under your car you can see what i mean, especially in front).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.