MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get an idea what your setting are on your Greddy Profec spec 2 Controller settings are at. and a lits of mods

·
Registered
97 Posts
white 91 mr2t, ATX

91 t
stock turbo
hks intake
ko downpipe and exhaust

-hi mode
set 60
gain 8
set gain 9
warning 14.5
limiter 20%

having problems controlling boost during cool texas nights

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much boost does that come out to be. and is low setting just one space for settings and hi setting another? I dont know if i made since but when you have the boost controller on the low settings is it going to boost the setting you have entered on low? or does low setting coinside with the hi settings?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've experimented with various settings but my turbo seals are shot and i'll be replacing it soon. I'm still undecided as to what turbo I'll be getting. With that being said i can't really post any results. Sorry.

When I first set up my Greddy PBS 2 the valve unit did a lot of clicking. I believe this is normal, however I haven't heard any clicking lately any ideas why?

G

·
What are the different setting? Whats the set, gain, and set gain? I just got a profect B and didnt even get to use it yet. I thought it was just a simple controller that you turn up boost, set it, set a low (how many psi) and a warning. Whats all the other stuff?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just put it in my car

I am really confused. I mean I know what I want but its seams like this thing is kind of hard to figure out.

I mean I want 17PSI hi and 15PSI low

But I just dont know what all the other stuff is.

and heres something else: I split the line between my gage and my profec: My profec is in PSI. MY gage says I have about 18inches of Vacuum and Profec says I have -99 PSI . Does that sounds right ?

and how can I tell if i am getting a boost spike ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your kidding right ?

I used an article posted from the evolution forums to get close.

This is what I have so far if anyone sees anything glaring wrong please holler.

lo: 53% Gain:8% Set Gain: 11 Warn:180 L: 4%

Target boost was 15 PSI I am pretty close.

hi: 64% Gain: 5% Set Gain: 13 Warning 185 L: 4%

Target Boost 17PSI

I dont really understand Gain:, and Set Gain. The car runs hard but builds boost a little slow ( I see it rise) , I am getting used to my other car so it just maybe thats all it has.....

I just realized my sig is gone:

The car is a: ct26-46, DP, KO racing Exhaust, apexi intake, gforce ECU, Spearco Intercooler.

Prolly should take the car to the dyno to tweak these settings safely....

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think I am going to drop my gain.

The book says gain is for consistency and that set gain (start boost) is for spool time. I think Right now I am reading peaks and not average boost. SO I will drop gain on my low boost setting and maybe increase my set gain or set.

I cant drop gain below 5% tho which my book says is 0 up....

Once I feel comfortable I will gtech the crap out of it...

·
Registered
644 Posts
lo 35%
Haven't used the high
gain 25% ??? (can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it was around 25%)
Set gain 140 kPa (turn it on early so you don't get a weird pause as the turbo spools up. This has to be lower then your desired boost pressure.)
Warning as high as it will go (basically disables this feature)
Warning L 0% (again, disables the boost retard feature, if you overboost, just let of the throttle)

Rock solid 20 PSI with very fast boost response.
The best thing to do with the Profec B spec II is disable everything so it works like a normal Profec B.

With that said, I would HIGHLY recommend the Profec B Spec S over the Spec II for ANYBODY looking for a EMC.

·
Registered
99 Posts
99 seee if this checks out:
35% + gain 25 = 60% which I would guess to be about 16 psi
am I close ?

If you minimize the gain and just fiddle with the start boost for spool time I think this is the answer.

I am getting real consistent results now....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts