MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
They go up to Shannonville track.. its a laping day. Usually you get a LOT of runs (especially as the night wears on, if last year is anything to gauge by). Nothing really competitive, just an opportunity to take your car out on a twisty track and zoom around.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how's the safety? who (what club/sanctioning body) is running this? if it's open lapping, i wanna make sure it's safe and everyone out there know the rules and what they're doing-- i.e. it's not some pissing match and things go out of hand... else no thanks, not worth risking my car or my life...

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
It is a lapping, testing and tuning track day. No racing allowed, passing is allowed if you are on the straightaway and cars must yield the right of way.

Beginners are seperated from experience. You must have a helmet and have a mechanically sound car. We will have track instructors on hand and assigned to beginners for thier benefit.

Before each new run of drivers, they will be taken on the track by a pace car to get a feel for the track.

We will also have flag staff and safety equipement on hand. There will also be an ambulance at the track, in our area (hired by us) in case the enivitable does happen.

Safety is my number one concern. If anyone is caught doing anything illegal at the track that may effect the safety of the track and its participants, will automatically be banned.

I don't mess around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts