MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1987 white N/A 130k miles, T-Top car with new t-top seals from Kbox, blue cloth interior, that's in pretty good shape, probly a 9 out of 10. Just had timing belt, water pump, new brakes front and rear 3,500 miles ago. New KYB GR2 struts 3.5k ago, and ST springs about 1k ago. Has some old enkie wheels with decent rubber left (probly like 60-65% left) needs a new exhaust, but that is going to get replaced. the outside is in pretty good shape, couple door dings but nothing major. (well the drivers side fender is crunched a little, but i am puting a new one on)

here is a pic

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
yeah, if its completely rust free, with a good ext and int, i would guess 2-3k range. Its hard to get over 3k for a mk1 without something special (GZE or 20v motor or tons of mods, etc..)

I'm on the other end of the spectrum, i've got an ok looking 20v (w/90k) with a little bit of rust and a not-so good (Toyota Faded Pink) supercharged (w/70k) with a tiny bit of rust too. Either of which i constantly think about trading my friend for his freshly painted (obscenely well painted, like $7k job), completely rust-free '85 with like 130k and stock n/a 16v. So sometimes a nice body is totally worth it. However neither of us could probably get over 3k for any of our cars.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are making it really hard to decide between selling my car and buying a spyder, or keeping my car and doing a GZE swap/cams/grunt box, rota slipstreams, KD garage lip, etc... Damn you all and your compliments lol :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.