MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
like this ..

push in the clutch pedal ... take it out of gear to neutral.
than relieve the clutch pedal ... than press it aggain , and shift in the next gear.
than aggain relieve the pedal

i used to drive a '65 vauxhall , which whas suposed to shift with double clutching :D

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
From what I understand with the syncros in todays cars all double clutching does is destroy your shifting times.....

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
LOL ... at least now he know's why he is always running mid 20's on the 1/4 ;)

just dont double clutch a mr2 !

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
94MR2 said:
From what I understand with the syncros in todays cars all double clutching does is destroy your shifting times.....
You are correct! Double clutching a modern synchro gear box is as useless as a choke on an EFI engine.

The Miata guys go on and on about double clutching, but then, most of them still think the MG was pinnacle of automotive excellance.

bill

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i use double clutching to get it into first gear and second gear easier. my shifter wont go into first at all unless im stoped or at 1 mph. so what i do (say coming to a light that just turned green but ive already slowed way down and traffic is behind me) i put it in neutral, foot off the clutch, rev, foot on clutch and shifter into first, foot off clutch.

·
270whp on a CT26...
3,458 Posts
double clutching has its place. if you're racing, never double clutch an upshift. i almost always double clutch my downshifts, matching revs of course. i usually don't double clutch when i'm heel-toeing, but sometimes i will do both (double clutch and heel-toe).

when done properly, double clutching a downshift when you're rev matching will barely slow your downshift time.

no, it's not necessary. at all. i know this. it also won't hurt anything.

-Mike

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
^ yes, rev matching is, hwoever, a good thing on a road coarse. i sometimes do it when i'm downshifting and i have my girl in the car to make the ride...less harsh i guess you could say.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks, so now i know the right term and i also know its useless, some people said that double clutching is when you simply press the clutch in while your foot is on the gas adn its in gear, but they are wrong right? yes they are ok

·
Registered
548 Posts
94MR2 said:
Tune the nos timing and double clutch and you will run 9's
And don't hit the NAWWWS button until you're a couple seconds from the finish line. That's how to win street races yo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts