MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sony CDX-F5510 In Dash CD/MP3 Player

My co-worker is looking to sell his. He says he's had it for about a year and it works fine. He's just looking to upgrade. I've been looking to buy a unit that plays mp3 cds for a while now, but I'm a college student so I can't really afford to buy one new. He already let me know how much he's looking to get for it, but I want to see what you all think is a fair price before I let you know how much he's asking for. Thanks for your input.

Edit: I checked ebay, and the average selling price is about $130 new, shipping included. There are no used ones on there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i sell it for circuit city and it goes for $159 brand new... personally i dont care much for Sony car audio. i wouldn't pay more than 80-90 if new IF i were to buy it. you might want to consider other brands.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, he wants $80 for it. I've heard many people say that Sony isn't the greatest when it comes to car audio. I've always liked Kenwood, but like i said, I can't afford much right now. What do you say about this one? (In comparison to the Sony one).

=Kenwood KDC-MP225 In Dash CD/MP3 Player

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Ive owned alot of stereos, ill take sony over kenwood any day my friend has this exact one he bought over 3 years ago still thumpin hard with no problems, my sony ive had for 4 years still going strong my kenwoods havent lasted past the waranty. dont let sony auto rep fool you they are a step above kenwood in my book

·
Bought December 2003
1,243 Posts
I seriously doubt you will be able to tell the difference between Sony, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, whatever, especially while driving!

$80 seems like a good price as long as it works fine and doesn't skip.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool! Thanks for the input guys. Looks like i'll be getting his then.

·
Registered
484 Posts
the kenwoods i dont particularly care for myself. i have noticed sony's distort faster than other brands (alpine,pioneer....) that is why i dont ccare for sony car audio. at that price point it probably wont make much difference. however i am just offering advice as to give options i am not by any means saying listen to me and only me just that you should check out other brands to get what YOU want. my suggestions are intended to help someone get all they pay for (not just some) or offer alternatives to satisfy a need to a problem. if he likes sony so be it if not thats fine too (it wont be in my ride)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts