MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, my current goal is 275-280 rwhp and my current mods are as follows:
- Blitz intake
- Nur Spec exhaust
- Aeromotive FPR
- JE pistons
- HKS metal headgasket with ARP studs
- Super AFC II
- Blitz SBC-ID boost controller (set to 16-17 psi)
- Stage 1 clutch
- ARC Super blow off valve

I currently push 235 rwhp on a genII motor/stock ceramic ct26/stock IC. Im either going Greddy IC or ct20b. Which would be the best choice for more hp gains? Thx guys

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
The ct20b will get you more power than an intercooler. However, with the power you are already making and the power you will get by upgrading to a ct20b, you will be in danger of detonation. Hasnt your Mom every taught you "Safety first"? Get the intercooler.

·
Registered
904 Posts
93smgturbo said:
The ct20b will get you more power than an intercooler. However, with the power you are already making and the power you will get by upgrading to a ct20b, you will be in danger of detonation. Hasnt your Mom every taught you "Safety first"? Get the intercooler.
has'nt your mom ever said be nice.......*napoleon voice* gosh...IDIOT!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
93smgturbo said:
ive already ready expierenced the whole safety issue before so thats why i asked.....my car is tuned now to prevent any detonation. If i ran the car at the same psi with the ct20b, would it be that big of a factor?
Im already going to be adding a water sprayer for the intercooler and a SPAL fan from Twos R Us to get my stock IC performing the best i can.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
A ct20b and a ct26 at the same boost level will be 15-20HP difference. Thats enough to throw your tune off and get some detonation. Its just me, but I would rather get the safety stuff first cuz I dont ever feel like paying for a rebuild until Im ready, not because I blew my engine. But thats just me.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
If you have the money I would recommend a ct20b and a used water injections system if you can find one for 200-300. That I would consider pretty safe as long as you keep the boost around 14-15psi until you get an intercooler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts