MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
lol.. sorry for posting the same info.. was typing when he posted.. :)

i think the disclaimer is about that u will not copy the parts and start making replicas of it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
oh ok. Do you know how much the sideskirts will cost in US dollars with shipping? What other body kit components would look good and match the sideskirts well? I'm not a big fan of their front and rear body components.

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
i don't think they'll even ship to the U.S. for fear of copying.

btw, when you find good pics like that, submit them to the appropriate main gallery as well if you don't mind (mkii black in this case) to cut down on my workload. ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
you have to personally go to the factory to pick them up and sign the contract stating that you will not copy them or anything. Then if you sell the car or sell the sides you have to bring the potential buyer to the factory to also sign the contract or so I've heard. Impossible to get them in the states. I'm pretty sure no one here has them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Question is why make them then, to make a profit? differently not if they don't export to the U.S., your cutting your profits in half, even if you just sell them in england someone in england will make a copy and sell, its all a game, how can you win? U minds well just sell to everyone and get your name out like border, then people know the quality and the name, people buy authentic parts because then know the quality. The only other reason i could think of was just to be different, have something that no one else has. just me 2 cents, don't reem me out too bad people!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
oh contrair, there is one in the states, in Iowa I believe. I found it on some guy's website while doing a search. I've got the pic on my desktop on my other comp that happens to be in storage right now. He painted his two a dark greyish purple color, looks pretty good. It's parked facing his red mkII as well, in his front yard for those who happen to come accross it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i dont think mrd are that extreme guys. but their prices are well steep. about $1200 before shipping to the US for the spoiler and not much less for the side skirts.

nice kit if you can afford it. there are issues with the spoiler cracking a little on the sidearms at high speeds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts