MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I acquired 2 more MR2's, quite inexpensively. One is a TT 87' AUTO that has NO rust, told blown head gasket. Sitting "years". I have dropped the tank, cleaned and replaced with all that goes with it. The interior is trashed.

The other is a 86 with no motor, pristine interior with power, but has some cancer. Not horrible, but still a pain in the ...... I have gotta get these cars outta here. I don't want to part out the 86. But it interior could go to the 87.

I have an engine for the 86.............. Both are Sherwood.

What to do? Does anybody need a rolling chassis with a great interior? Not even a crack in the dash. The shift map is still legible and actually looks quite good.

I need a tan interior for the 87!

Rick

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
I would keep the 87 and part out the 86. By selling/trading/using certain parts of the 86 interior you may be able to fully restore the 87 with later model interior if you choose to stick with black.

SamWeber is looking for a nice black dash. Drop him a line if you are interested in selling the dash from the 86.

Also, If you try the For sale Forums, you may find some tan interior parts up for sale.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parting

Yeah, but it goes back to that debate about pulling ANOTHER salvagable MK1 off the road...........

Anybody in Florida looking for a project?

If I wasnt limited with space I would park it and eventually get around to it. I am still searching for a long term place to park it until I can spend some quality time with it. I dont think that is reality though.

The real reality is, I can use many of the interior pieces myself for my 85 daily driver. My 85 was originally a hard top, but the chick who bought the car back in 85 had a ASC sunroof put in. I wish I had the factory sunroof or TT.

Well, maybe I will be off to the parts forums.........it will be a damn shame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts