MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im really lost on what to get.

First of all i have a 91 mr2 N/A, without the premium system. I already have a head unit (panasonic c7301u) and an amp for my subs (profile ap1200)

i currently have 2 phenoix gold rd12's but there too big, (what are some good 10 inch subs to look for?)

but anyways

im just gonna run the speakers on the door and the tweeters, the back speakers will get killed by the subs so ya no point for em.

what should i get?

i just want 5 1/4 speakers and 3/4 tweeters to make it simple, what brands should i look at, whaat crossovers should i get? what mounting depth can the door fit? should i get 3 ways or 2 ways or what?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Are you planning to amp them?

If you arent planning to amp them I wouldnt spend too much $$$$. One reason you get more expensive speakers is more midbass response, and without an amp your not going to get it no matter what speakers you use. Even a $100 50x2 amp would be well worth it.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
Do you want hifi or lofi? What kind of music do you listen to?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i mainly listen to rap and techno, occasionally some rock....

my amp i have right now, its got 1200 w, 600 rms bridged, i dont think id need all 600 (300x2 rms) for my subs since theyll be smaller, so I COULD use a lil bit for the speakers

i dont plan on amping them really, since well if i mount my amp in the frunk, i wont have space for another amp, (i could put it somewhere else but ya)

im not sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts