MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a 94 style wing on my 91 mr2... but i dont want to use the power antenna on my car. i've read up on the s2000 antenna mod which i like... but then i saw this:

what kind of antenna is this?

·
Premium Member
13,216 Posts
I think that might actually be the stock 91-92 power antenna retracted all the way. It looks kinda like that once the spoiler side piece is removed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it is the stock antenna fully retracted. that part is covered by the side pieces of the stock 90-93 wing. i did the same thing with mine all you have to do is unplug a connector for the motor. however dont expect the same radio reception at all.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
you can snip a wire for the motor itsself to keep it down and it for some reason having it plugged up makes it work better...... i have yet to look into if they are amplified ant's or not

·
Registered
79 Posts
for a dirty car, I still like BLACK. it just needs a wash..as for uphere in northern MN, we're still seeing salt, slush, and snow once in a while. About the antenna, is it functional?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Do you have the antenna in the windshield? i lost my antenna in the back all together because the antenna in the front is more than sufficient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts