MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Spintec
1,903 Posts
I bought my Two for 2k in good (far from perfect) running and cosmetic condition four years ago, but have always had a long list of missing parts. I have no:

Underbody panels or fender liners
Frunk liner
Spare tire
Radiator cooling panel
Cigarette lighter/12V outlet (there is nothing there, no wiring or plug behind the dash. Just a hole in the dash)
Subwoofer
Rear mud guards
T-top storage bags

Hilariously, the previous owner claimed the only reason the AC didn't work was because it needed 'new o rings.' There is no AC compressor in the car.

I think that's it, though I'm sure I'm missing something.
My MR2 is missing a second gear synchronizer...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately not. I consider it a sort of wear item like a clutch and usually replace mine every 7 years or so. But they are discontinued. You can only use those cheapie windshields now which, at least to me, feel like I'm looking underwater - and crack much easier.

I got mine replaced at a glass shop a few months ago. I cracked it trying to get it out to replace one of the bottom location clips and fix it's leak. I can't tell any difference between the two. Basically looks just like this Glass

On topic, I'm missing the frunk liner and the moon roof insert. Probably more that I'm unaware of.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I bought my Two for 2k in good (far from perfect) running and cosmetic condition four years ago, but have always had a long list of missing parts. I have no:

Underbody panels or fender liners
Frunk liner
Spare tire
Radiator cooling panel
Cigarette lighter/12V outlet (there is nothing there, no wiring or plug behind the dash. Just a hole in the dash)
Subwoofer
Rear mud guards
T-top storage bags

Hilariously, the previous owner claimed the only reason the AC didn't work was because it needed 'new o rings.' There is no AC compressor in the car.

I think that's it, though I'm sure I'm missing something.
Justin I'm sure you know MR2 Heaven makes reproduction Underbody panels and fender liners. I actually need a fender liner myself.

·
5,318 Posts
I got mine replaced at a glass shop a few months ago. I cracked it trying to get it out to replace one of the bottom location clips and fix it's leak. I can't tell any difference between the two...
Similar replacement story with me. But I think these windshields are like 320 MP3s compared to FLAC music files - some people can tell the difference, but most can't.

While I may have my own level of audio snobbery, I find most owners replace a 30 year old scratched & pitted OEM windshield with a new non-OEM, so it's a dramatic improvement no matter how watery I think it is. But try going from old OEM to new OEM. For the first 3 years, it looks like there's almost no glass there at all.

I'm missing the plastic caps that go over the floor seat bolts - near impossible to find those damn things. I'm also missing my radio antenna, I removed it & welded over the rear quarter panel hole.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I, too, am missing a synchro. Third gear for me, it's been fun learning how to double clutch!
Also T-Top bags
Sound system was completely replaced with aftermarket gear, very good fulls in the doors, but the tweeters are WAY too boosted and the 12 inch sub box isn't very comfy for the missus. to sit in front of... so i just go sub-less.
Oh also the lumbar support is blown in my seat.
And the aftermarket gauge faces only let blue light through which is terrible for my night vision...
And the front engine mount feels munted.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I can't think of anything that's missing at this point other than a few areas in need of attention:

• Need to get Omori boost gauge installed.
  • Need to get 93+ front lip and retainer replicas installed.
  • Need to reseal oil pan.
  • Need to investigate weak boost issue.
  • Need to drive car more.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts