MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Two for 2k in good (far from perfect) running and cosmetic condition four years ago, but have always had a long list of missing parts. I have no:

Underbody panels or fender liners
Frunk liner
Spare tire
Radiator cooling panel
Cigarette lighter/12V outlet (there is nothing there, no wiring or plug behind the dash. Just a hole in the dash)
Subwoofer
Rear mud guards
T-top storage bags

Hilariously, the previous owner claimed the only reason the AC didn't work was because it needed 'new o rings.' There is no AC compressor in the car.

I think that's it, though I'm sure I'm missing something.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. I'm jealous. I'm glad I got into the MR2 world for a song, but you could get a Gen 4 or 5 for a grand then, and I should've pulled the trigger on that. Seems they've doubled in price now.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
on my SW:
T-Top Covers and Bags
fog lights
pretty much all stereo bits. though i did track down a genuine toyota 91 2pc head unit
have the spare but never have it in the car.
no mudflaps

on my AW:
cruise control actuator motor, brackets and cables
front air grill
one of the support brackets for the fender
factory radio
no mudflaps

to be fair the SW is the best bits off 2 cars and the AW is the best off 3 so I have managed to get really close to having everything. one thing I am exceptionally proud of is that all but a handful of hardware is all actual proper toyota bolts/screws/clips etc, for either car. =D

·
5,314 Posts
My deuce is missing T-tops - and loving it.

Seriously, when my windshield was replaced w/ a new OEM unit a few years back, I asked them specifically to not lose those 2 little plastic caps that go over the screws on the corners. Guess what they lost? I don't even know where to get those.

·
5,314 Posts
Lol! That means you must miss driving it. Mine's a daily and I can't be a day without driving it.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Lol! That means you must miss driving it. Mine's a daily and I can't be a day without driving it.
Yeah, average of 1193 miles for every year I owned it......I struggled to get a tank of gas through it this year. Now that I have the antique plate...It will be easier.....no inspection or registration

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Seriously, when my windshield was replaced w/ a new OEM unit a few years back, I asked them specifically to not lose those 2 little plastic caps that go over the screws on the corners. Guess what they lost? I don't even know where to get those.
forgot about those. I have one but am missing the other. got some long stainless screws with washers to keep the hole closed up.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I bought my Two for 2k in good (far from perfect) running and cosmetic condition four years ago, but have always had a long list of missing parts. I have no:

Underbody panels or fender liners
Frunk liner
Spare tire
Radiator cooling panel
Cigarette lighter/12V outlet (there is nothing there, no wiring or plug behind the dash. Just a hole in the dash)
Subwoofer
Rear mud guards
T-top storage bags

Hilariously, the previous owner claimed the only reason the AC didn't work was because it needed 'new o rings.' There is no AC compressor in the car.

I think that's it, though I'm sure I'm missing something.
Dude, If I had known you needed the cig lighter I knew of one inthe junkyard I could have grabbed you!
Couldve gotten you a ton off of that car

I, too, am missing the frunk liner, got my radiator cooling panel from chopshop for a decent price

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, If I had known you needed the cig lighter I knew of one inthe junkyard I could have grabbed you!
Couldve gotten you a ton off of that car

I, too, am missing the frunk liner, got my radiator cooling panel from chopshop for a decent price
Ah no worries man, I don't really need it tbh as my head unit has a usb plug for my phone.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My deuce is missing T-tops - and loving it.

Can you still get an OEM windshield? Mine is cracked.

·
5,314 Posts
Unfortunately not. I consider it a sort of wear item like a clutch and usually replace mine every 7 years or so. But they are discontinued. You can only use those cheapie windshields now which, at least to me, feel like I'm looking underwater - and crack much easier.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts