MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gas mileage do you guys get? If you have time please put down your year of car, gas mileage, and NA/Turbo. Feel free to put down any other information that you think is useful such as mileage on car, etc.

I've just bought a 1993 NA and i got 30 mpg. Its got 223,xxx miles on it as well.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
My 91NA 205,xxx miles got 22-24 on average. The highest I ever got was 26 and that was when I got a new clutch so I didn't drive very aggressively.

·
Banned
9,290 Posts
WOW maxman.. so according to your numbers.. you have at least a 14 gal fuel tank...most of ours fill up around 10-11 gallons

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
91 Turbo 152,xxx miles 91 Octane
21-22mpg city
32 mpg highway

Totally stock set up w/ exception of a K&N FIPK.

·
Registered
44 Posts
teex212 said:
WOW maxman.. so according to your numbers.. you have at least a 14 gal fuel tank...most of ours fill up around 10-11 gallons
I thought we had a 14.1 gallon tank? That's what I thought I read in a manual somewhere anyway.

I get about 23 in the city
&
32 on the highway.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
tank readings really mean nothing because unless you filled it exactly the same amount and drove it till it had exactly the same amount of gas left, it won't tell you much if anything on it's gas mileage.

My Na's got around 30 mpg on the highway and around 25 mpg in the city. My turbo with JDM engine, greddy intercooler, and tko style exhaust got around 28mpg or more on the drive home but haven't done much city driving yet to let you know what it gets so.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Almost exactly 25 mpg every time I filled it up (until the speedo went kaput).

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
teex212 said:
We all have 14 gallon tanks in fact I think the exact size is 14.1 gallons. When the red light comes on when the needle is on E you still have about 3 gallons left so tahts why you may think it's low and it fills up with about 10-11 gallons.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
bowlofrice said:
15 mpg highway/city mix 91 n/a. :( i used to get 26 mpg but mileage has gone downwards after i put in a new o2 sensor.
Wow, thats really low. If it happened when you replaced your o2 sensor, are sure sure the o2 sensor is not faulty?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts